iwata eclips hp-cs solvent proof?

T

topangler81

14072012057.jpg
hi all, just recived my iwata today but curious about it. since i can only use solvent base paint, is this iwata solvent proof?

Hi top, im not completely sure but i think it is. I have the Eclipse SBS side feed and i cant see any rubber O-rings as a sealing inside where the solvent paint would
have a chance to work on them. There is one rubber sealing on the front when you remove the air cap but thats not coming in contact with the paint while you work.
Anyway i would suggest not to lay the gun completly in solvents to soak it up for cleaning, that might damage something then. Maybe someone else knows exactly if
it works for solvent paints.

All new iwata's are solvent proof now. They spray both water based and urethanes.Not sure about Neo but the rest are. I have that same brush and always use urethanes with it. You are safe:)

For the last 5 years All Iwata airbrush have solvent proof needle bearing in them. Assuming you bought a current stocked Item I would say yes. If you bought is on Ebay than all bets are off. easy way to check if to simple take it out and look to see if it is White or rubber. White equals solvent proof rubber means it is not.
Also reason I say last 5 years for sure is because the parts really came out 10 years ago but as with any new design change it takes time to get old inventory off the self.

All new iwata's are solvent proof now. They spray both water based and urethanes.Not sure about Neo but the rest are. I have that same brush and always use urethanes with it. You are safe:)

For the last 5 years All Iwata airbrush have solvent proof needle bearing in them. Assuming you bought a current stocked Item I would say yes. If you bought is on Ebay than all bets are off. easy way to check if to simple take it out and look to see if it is White or rubber. White equals solvent proof rubber means it is not.
Also reason I say last 5 years for sure is because the parts really came out 10 years ago but as with any new design change it takes time to get old inventory off the self.
thank you..... i just cant wait to use my new iwata. i tear it off yesterday, and i cant see white/black 'o' ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
14072012062.jpg
tq... i almost take it apart. very weired, in the box it has wrench for that noozle

005.JPG have the hp bp. the tiny tip part comes off. i dont know what the bit it is on is. that dot to the left of the spanner is the tip. i cant get the bit that it screws onto off. anyone lucy enough to have both?

Like Seamonkey said, never try to take that little nozzle off. The Eclipse has that big self centering nozzle and its one unit, u have no clue why they put the little wrench into the box of the Eclipse though.

@ Faram , yeah the hp bp has a little screw on nozzle, its totaly different to the self centering nozzle in the Eclipse. For the Eclipse there are no tools at all needed to take it completely apart, since the
nozzle is just sticking in there behind the head mount.

there you go then. wonder why they do that. kinda like the look of the self centering one. i,m going to drop the little bugger on mine. thank you for sorting that out mr stranger.

there you go then. wonder why they do that. kinda like the look of the self centering one. i,m going to drop the little bugger on mine. thank you for sorting that out mr stranger.

Your welcome ;)

And yeah the self centering nozzle is really cool to clean since its not so tiny as the screw in nozzle, plus with the screw in you always have to be carefull not to tighten it too hard or it will break.
On my Neo i usualy just tighten it with the fingers and then use the tool just to give it a tiny bit of a twist. Usulay it doesnt have to be tightend alot to prevent leaking.

The wrench has got to be for people like me that get in a hurry when done and don't clean the airbrush thoroughly. The paint becomes super glue and you need to pry the nozzle off of the body. The wrench keeps you from grabbing the tip and deforming it...... Been there, done that, lol!!!

today i use my iwata for the first time. soo... easy to clean and change colors also. may be this is the reason why iwata become so famous....
very responsive compered to my knock off airbrush.
i tried to low my air pressure, i didn't look out the pressure gauge. im shock cause it still performs well when i low my air pressure to below 5psi......

NO DO NOT TAKE THAT APART!!! I did this when I first started and had to buy a new one!!

DAAAMNNNNN!!!, I DID IT YESTERDAY! :'( I havn't tested it again since then, now I have to wait to get home and test if I totally messed it. Why do they put the wrench if it's not supposed to be disassembled??!!!!

At first it struck me that the nozzle was smaller than I spected with the pictures. Now I realize that the rest of the nozzle is behind that little thingie that you shouldn't unscrew :'( :'(

In the instructions say: "use the provided wrench to extract the nozzle", but they provide that little wrench, not the huge one needed to unscrew the big nozzle cap!

tq... i almost take it apart. very weired, in the box it has wrench for that noozle

I also got a small wrench like that with my Eclipse and could not figure out why. I also thought it was the way you bought the nozzle. All other kits I've seen have the big wrench for the head assembly. You can just use a wrench to undo it the first time and after that just tighten it with your fingers.

today i use my iwata for the first time. soo... easy to clean and change colors also. may be this is the reason why iwata become so famous....
very responsive compered to my knock off airbrush.
i tried to low my air pressure, i didn't look out the pressure gauge. im shock cause it still performs well when i low my air pressure to below 5psi......

Seeing that I leave the regulator on the compressor at 35psi and then adjust pressure on the MAC valve on the quick release, I never really knew at what pressure I paint. So last night did a test by adjusting on the compressor and it turns out that I paint at 10psi and sometimes below. I can not do that with my other guns.

Yep same here, i already realised the 1st time i connected my Eclipse that alot of more air is coming out on the front of the gun then any other airbrushes that i have.
So like for example at 10 psi more air comes out then from the Neo at 30 psi. So all in all the eclipse is cabable of using much lower pressure to get the same good results.
When i had a look at the front around the nozzle with the air cap on, i seen that there is much more space around the nozzle then on the Neo and also the other brushes that i have.

Funny I have never used the mac valve on my micron , Mainly due to when I get an effect or a line I am looking for I want to know exactly what pressure I am at so I can repeat if I need too.
But the self centering nozzle only have the large wrench that comes with it , the higher end brushes have the small wrench , You can remove the tiny tip from the nozzle but they put a special locktight compond on them to seal them when they make them. I have replaced the tiny nozzle tip once and it came with the compound and instruction. (not as easy as it sounds)
But depending on how you reduce your paint is what will determine what air pressure you will need . I have ran my CS down to 2 PSI on super over reduced paint up to 45 PSI when doing things like t-shirts.
My micron I so not think I have ever ran it over 10 PSI .
But this is an interesting thread and a good read.

DAAAMNNNNN!!!, I DID IT YESTERDAY! :'( I havn't tested it again since then, now I have to wait to get home and test if I totally messed it. Why do they put the wrench if it's not supposed to be disassembled??!!!!

At first it struck me that the nozzle was smaller than I spected with the pictures. Now I realize that the rest of the nozzle is behind that little thingie that you shouldn't unscrew :'( :'(

In the instructions say: "use the provided wrench to extract the nozzle", but they provide that little wrench, not the huge one needed to unscrew the big nozzle cap!

Well, seems that I had a good amount of luck, 'cause nothing happened. The nozzle tip is perfectly centered, no bubbles in the cup (even at high psi) and sprays smooth as ever. Great airbrush the Eclipse HP-CS it is!.

Fiuu :drunk:

Back