Iwata Eclipse Needle Packing Screw

otpowell

Double Actioner
Hi guys, I was cleaning my airbrush and like to use those little nylon brushes... Anyone know if I shouldn't stick the brush near this area where the needle fits through? Is there a Risk of stretching the seal, or is it a pretty tough seal?

Sup! No I wouldn't push it through it. Take the packing needle out if you really need to clean it. A 3mm flat head screw driver fits it. Unscrew it all the way, but most times it won't fall out. Run your needle through the brush backwards and it will push it out for ya.

When done put it back on you needle and slowly put it back in place pulling the needle out the other side. It should be ready to tighten up then.
Do not tighten it real hard, just barely snug it. The run your needle in and out of it to see if its to tight or loose, also you barely have to turn it at all to get it to adjust.
Once you get it to move through easily but still have a little tension you are good to go.

Josh

Well, I pushed one of those nylon dental brushes through the area & when I went to put my needle back in, there was less tension.. Think I stretched it? I'm gonna take it out and examine it. Thanks for the info!

What's the purpose of it? Is it only to keep paint from coming back into your trigger? I don't seem to have that problem even after I noticed less tension.

It's still good if the paints not coming back through. That is what it's for. That are pretty tough, unless you tighten it down to hard, then they snap. A little cleaner on the needle should be fine when cleaning. You don't want to risk it.

Josh

What's the purpose of it? Is it only to keep paint from coming back into your trigger? I don't seem to have that problem even after I noticed less tension.

Your probably only having less tension because it's clean, and yes it's to stop paint and air getting into the trigger housing, If you find that there is any seepage you can tighten it about a quarter turn at a time until it stops, but if your not having that problem, leave it alone, lol

it's not so much that the paint runs out but that he bad air sucks when in use

Is there a such a thing as too much tension? I have it pretty snug now.. I think what happened, is that screw turns so easily, and using that dental brush probably loosened it about 1/16 of a turn. I turned it tighter and now the needle is nice and snug, not sure if its too snug though. The tigger and needle see, to move nice and freely so I don't think it's too tight.

Is there a such a thing as too much tension? I have it pretty snug now.. I think what happened, is that screw turns so easily, and using that dental brush probably loosened it about 1/16 of a turn. I turned it tighter and now the needle is nice and snug, not sure if its too snug though. The tigger and needle see, to move nice and freely so I don't think it's too tight.

If the needle and trigger move there's no problem, just check that when you let go of the trigger the needle returns to the to the nozzle.

Back