Iwata HP-C fluid nozzle broke

I’m that case yes, email will no doubt be fine. They’re pretty quick to respond the couple times I’ve contacted them. They’re also a pretty good place for Airbrushes and paint too, so I’m sure you’ll find what you need there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I brought my Micron i was lucky enough to buy a brand new one that had the needle and nozzle missing so I got it for a good price.
I was told to screw in the nozzle with my fingers, put the wrench on it and just touch it with my finger, no pressure that was enough..
Never broke one off like that. I did make my own round nozzle wrench out of some stainless tube, not as posh as the red Iwata one but it worked for my experiment at the time so will use it again.

Lee

I got word from iwata ( usa branch ) on the link to Merri Artist for the nozzle part which is about $33 dollars. And also a link to a video on how to remove the stuck thread with the knife. I'm going to give this a try. I'm pretty sure by next year, I'll want a new airbrush as the primary device to use and the old iwata as back up. Something about the Revolution lineup seems to remind me of the HP-C or the Eclipse. It's one of the two.

I got word from iwata ( usa branch ) on the link to Merri Artist for the nozzle part which is about $33 dollars. And also a link to a video on how to remove the stuck thread with the knife. I'm going to give this a try. I'm pretty sure by next year, I'll want a new airbrush as the primary device to use and the old iwata as back up. Something about the Revolution lineup seems to remind me of the HP-C or the Eclipse. It's one of the two.
Both the Revolution line and the Eclipse range are well thought of. I haven’t experienced the Revolution, but can strongly recommend the Eclipse. I bought a CS as my first proper airbrush and it’s been fantastic. I still use it often and it’s was hardy enough to deal with my noob mistakes when cleaning without damage. They’re a breeze to clean with the compression fit nozzle setup too.

Both the Revolution line and the Eclipse range are well thought of. I haven’t experienced the Revolution, but can strongly recommend the Eclipse. I bought a CS as my first proper airbrush and it’s been fantastic. I still use it often and it’s was hardy enough to deal with my noob mistakes when cleaning without damage. They’re a breeze to clean with the compression fit nozzle setup too.

It's more likely the Eclipse will be the next airbrush. That way it's more modern and up to date. Also, the old Iwata will be a side project to be restored, like one would with an old classic car. I get the feeling the Wicked Color paints would flow better on the new Eclipse than an HP-C due to the needle size differences, unless I stand corrected. Otherwise, it shouldn't be an issue. It may take me a while to get the money to get the new brush so I can get back to finishing up on my fencing jacket project since it's made of very thick cotton, not to dissimilar to Duckworth cotton canvas that artists use.

It's more likely the Eclipse will be the next airbrush. That way it's more modern and up to date. Also, the old Iwata will be a side project to be restored, like one would with an old classic car. I get the feeling the Wicked Color paints would flow better on the new Eclipse than an HP-C due to the needle size differences, unless I stand corrected. Otherwise, it shouldn't be an issue. It may take me a while to get the money to get the new brush so I can get back to finishing up on my fencing jacket project since it's made of very thick cotton, not to dissimilar to Duckworth cotton canvas that artists use.
You’re not wrong about the paint flow as such. Wicked can be thinned and shot through pretty much any airbrush including the tiny .18 Microns and the like. But the Eclipse is a lot less fussy, it’s easier to get a nice flow of paint because the nozzle is a larger and the way the brush atomises the paint. It is more forgiving which is one of the reasons it was such a great choice for me as a beginner. I like the idea of doing a slow restoration on the HP-C, good plan my man.

You’re not wrong about the paint flow as such. Wicked can be thinned and shot through pretty much any airbrush including the tiny .18 Microns and the like. But the Eclipse is a lot less fussy, it’s easier to get a nice flow of paint because the nozzle is a larger and the way the brush atomises the paint. It is more forgiving which is one of the reasons it was such a great choice for me as a beginner. I like the idea of doing a slow restoration on the HP-C, good plan my man.

That's what I thought! This explains why I've had to thin the paint often with my HP-C. I'm pretty sure the Eclipse is a safe bet for me as a way of jumping back into the airbrush medium after so many years and get back on track. I'll definitely get the HP-C restored eventually as a back up. Thanks!

That's what I thought! This explains why I've had to thin the paint often with my HP-C. I'm pretty sure the Eclipse is a safe bet for me as a way of jumping back into the airbrush medium after so many years and get back on track. I'll definitely get the HP-C restored eventually as a back up. Thanks!
You’re welcome Sir, but there’s no need to thank me. Passing on help and information is why we’re all here. Just be sure to post pictures of any restoration you do or a new brush. We all dig the shiny stuff! LOL.

Has anyone got one of these red type spanners handy to measure the groove width and depth. I am at work and fancy making one to fit my neo.

Has anyone got one of these red type spanners handy to measure the groove width and depth. I am at work and fancy making one to fit my neo.
not sure you are still at work, but here goes - the slot is @1.63mm wide x 5.0mm deep. There is a 2mm deep x 1.4mm dia hole centered in the bottom of the slot. The face of the tool (top of slot) has a 3.1mm x 0.9mm deep recess to accept the full diameter flange at the base of the nozzle.

Back