Iwata hp cs - back flush problems

Patch

Air-Valve Autobot!
I've been using the Iwata HP CS and I do back flush a fair bit to clear the clogging and I do it for cleaning as well. I'm finding the paint has started to flood the chamber including the lever and the air valve guide. It's to the point now the lever will get stuck and spray automatically. And this is a new airbrush. I clean them very well after each use. I think it may be because I use too much air to do it, could this be the reason? How do you do it?

Back flushing should not cause this. The packing seal screw needs a little adjustment. This will keep the paint where its supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi patch. I was just about to write the same thing! I have a new iwata HP BCS. I don't know if it back fires, but the lever stuck and it takes it time to come back to the initial position which gives it another second to spray the color after I let it go. I also clean it very well after every use

little bit of lube could be your remedy snufkin..... or poss ease the backing screw an 8th of a turn looser

Packing seal screw is the one that needs the screwer that came in the box? If so. I screw it ;) and after a while- it reoccur . Anyone can think of other reason?

The packing seal is the only thing that stops the paint from entering the body. It is either loose like others have states or there is some gunk on it and its not sealing around the needle. Only other think do could be is the needle isn't set all the way forward. There is a certain section of the needle that has to be resting inside the packing or it will leak. Make sure needle and packing are extremely clean. If tightening it up doesn't remedy it then you may need a new seal. They do wear out over time. Cheap fix. Oh and for the trigger that is getting stuck, add a drop of oil or lube just on the plunger so trigger doesn't stick. Also with some new airbrushes there is a little too much chrome plating and the trigger rides up on it. Look and see if there is any scarring on the trigger. If so you can take a little 1000grit and sand the sides of the trigger down just enough to where it isn't contacting the body so much.

If paint has been getting back into the body, then it's likely that it has got into the trigger mechanism, and is making the trigger a bit sticky. As Immortal said a good clean and a drop of airbrush lube will do the trick!

y6a5u7ys.jpg

Well I don't know if u can see but it's red! I really sorry I didn't buy a 40 bucks airbrush. That way I would deserve this. This is an 2-3 months iwata eclipse. Should I replace the o ring? Is this is the packing seal?

Packing seal, tighten it a bit with a flat blade screwdriver, maybe 1/8 turn at a time. Test the resistance of the needle after each adjustment. It should have slight resistance.

But the thing is that after doing so it leads to a stuck nozzle cause it also tighten it on the way

that should not happen. the packing is tightened from the back, the nozzle cap tightens the nozzle in the front

I've been using the Iwata HP CS and I do back flush a fair bit to clear the clogging and I do it for cleaning as well. I'm finding the paint has started to flood the chamber including the lever and the air valve guide. It's to the point now the lever will get stuck and spray automatically. And this is a new airbrush. I clean them very well after each use. I think it may be because I use too much air to do it, could this be the reason? How do you do it?
how many pounds of air are use brushing with? You may have too much pressure. Lower your presser to 40 or 50 lbs.

How many pounds of air pressure are you using? You may have too much pressure. Try lowering your pressure to 40 or 50 lbs.

40 or 50 PSI is not excessive. Simon Murry teaches he classes using 50 psi for everything using AA paints.

Back