Iwata hp-cs paint leaking backwards

S

salpha01

Hi
Lately my hp-cs started to leak paint backwards into the trigger, could this be some problem on the needle or the seal inside the airbrush body is damaged? how can i fix this?
This is very frustrating because paint starts building inside and when you think your airbrush is clean enough to put in another color theres is always a little bit of the old color that comes out of the back of the needle.

Maybe try tightening your needle packing screw. You only need to do this a tiny amount an 8th or 1/4 turn could be enough.

took off the needle packing screw, put it back on and tight it, will try running some ink tomorrow and see if its ok.

Maybe try tightening your needle packing screw. You only need to do this a tiny amount an 8th or 1/4 turn could be enough.

I had this issue and I found that I had damaged the seal on the needle packing screw when I was putting the needle in. I replaced it and now put the needle in very carefully

hey salpha.... no need to take the screw off, but seeing as though you have already done this, give the brush a good clean whilst it is out.... then as squishy said tighten it up a tiny bit, obviously it will now be harder to gauge where you should tighten it too, but this is almost certainly your problem

Yeh no big deal. you need to learn how to strip your brush anyway SOOOO now you will be a little ahead of the game! to get the packing nut aligned properly insert you needle backwords and draw it (the nut) back into the brush then snug it up You just need a little resistance lube helps
have fun KO

Back