Iwata HP-SB Plus (and then some)

DaveG

Airbush Analyst
I have been meaning to add an Iwata HP-SB back into my collection, and was thrilled when I stumbled upon one I could pick up in trade (Thanks Richard!).

24068343_1326572604114991_8967186429620389778_n.jpg

As I have been working quite a bit on the Olympos version(s) of these brushes, I immediately set out to make the brush feel and work more like what I have grown accustomed to. First thing was a swap of the nozzle cap to one that has just a tad smaller diameter opening than the standard HP Plus series, which helps to tighten up the spray pattern, and makes the brush a bit more friendly in the very fine detail department, in my hands. It sprays just a bit softer overall vs. the standard configuration. I ground down the needle cap to expose the needle some. The spring retainer, spring adjuster and handle came from the Micron side of the family, while the actual needle spring, and air valve springs are ones I wound myself to suit my personal preferences - they are much softer than factory.

24177167_1326572527448332_5869230451547853028_n.jpg

Last thing I did was swapped the trigger to that of the Olympos F1, as I prefer the the shape, size, and height over the round button of the Iwata. Fabulous brush! Just love the way it handles, and works - right along side my favorite and beloved HP-B+.

Pictured here along with the Olympos version that wears a .18 set up -

24058963_1326572670781651_2554386374433912488_n.jpg

Last edited:
I still love my HP SB+ but I would love to get my hands on a trigger like that to suit my trigger finger needs but I cant find one down here and I cant buy from websites that require creditcard payment

I still love my HP SB+ but I would love to get my hands on a trigger like that to suit my trigger finger needs but I cant find one down here and I cant buy from websites that require creditcard payment
can you do paypal? The Olympos site processes everything through paypal for payment.

can you do paypal? The Olympos site processes everything through paypal for payment.
I just looked at a olympos site and it states all payments trough creditcard or bank transfer but not paypal so it must be the wrong site ?

@DaveG I forgot to tell you @Richard called and wanted his airbrush back!:D:D:D:D < Looks good You do a lot to your brush's but that's what makes them yours!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think we both are very satisfied with the trade. :thumbsup:
I didn't like the feel of the side cup when spraying and Dave gave me a H+S 2 in 1 Infinity with a few extra things with it. Very satisfied with what I got. The Infinity feels and works great for me.

Thanks

Richard

Back