iwata hpbcs or neo for iwata bcn

T

topangler81

hi all, advise needed here, what airbrush i should buy? or there are any other recommendation? i only have few month of experience on airbrushing and i also think want to buy an airbrush that multipurpose and can last for lifetime......

I have to agree with Madbrush , When I first began I bent needles , which means I had to buy needles , I suggest buy an airbrush that both the airbrush and the replacement part fit into your budget.
Grant I have a 30+ year old Paasche Vl that after a good rebuild still sprays great But like cars, bikes and anything else you buy this day and age it is how well you maintain it .
I will tell you that the Neo was designed to be an affordable airbrush and is made in China for Iwata.
I recommend the gravity feed over the bottom feed , mainly because of the less weight and you do not have to keep looking to see if you bottle is going to hit your art work when doing tight detail.

Hi topangler, i have a Neo for Iwata grafity feed and its really a pretty good airbrush. I also have a Iwata Eclipse HP SBS side feed airbrush and i like it better then the Neo mostly for the fact its easier to clean.
The Eclipse has a drop in self centering nozzle and can be taken out very easily when cleaning, while the Neo has a screw in nozzle that is very fragile if you put abit too much pressure screwing it in again.
The Neo is cheaper in buying but the spare parts are expensive here in germany, about the same price as for the Eclipse. I seen in the USA there are online shops where you get the parts cheaper for the Neo,
so you should check that out like Mr Micron mentioned. Here in germany the Revolution series from Iwata are the cheapest line to maintane, a nozzle costs about the half price as for the Neo or the Eclipse.
Visit some shops in your country and compare all of the prices for the brushes and the parts.

I would buy the best airbrush of whatever brand you can afford, and as mentioned above, afford to maintain. But do get a brand name brush, you will get better customer support usually, and you will know if you have problems with any techniques, that it is less likely to be a problem with the brush. After a bit of hit and miss, I settled on an iwata hp-cs, as I felt comfortable with it in my hand, and it is an all rounder and suitable for the stuff I do. I would think about what you want to paint with it, if you are wanting to do t-shirts, for example, then an expensive micron, which does super fine detail, probably isn't necessary. Also try and actually hold one if you can, to see if it feels comfortable. Good luck.

This is yet another reason to at least include what country you are in for better help. In the US I would say go to any Hobby Lobby and ask to see the airbrushes, Ask to hold it so you can see how the weight feels in your hand. Granted you will not be able to spray with it but you can get a better sense of it.
Or is your near Coast Airbrush in California stop in and they will let you try one. But mainly the choice is all yours and your budget.

Back