Iwata HPC+ vs Iwata HPCS (eclipse)

A

Acesneverwin

I have both and I've only used my HPC+ so far. The eclipse I got soon after because Hobby Lobby had the set with it and with the 40% off coupon, I just had to pick it up...

I noticed most people seem to prefer the eclipse... Many says it's their favorite brush. As far as I could tell the HPC+ and the CS are basically the same except the HPC+ had a .3 nozzle and the Eclipse out of the box is .35 I would have thought the plus would be better but... I just notice EVERYONE seems to like the eclipse. What makes everyone prefer that one? Just curious.

The eclipse is ,more versatile, in that it can spray a wider range of paints. Usually a first run "go to" brush then go into the c+ for more detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would also say it is easier to clean because of the self centring bigger nozzle. It's doesn't need unscrewing and it is much easier to hold.

I can't compare the two airbrushes for painting because I traded my HP-C+ 0.3mm in for an HP-SB+ 0.2mm before I bought my Eclipse.
But I love my Eclipse because it is very forgiving with paint where as my 0.2mm airbrushes are more paint fussy.
Cheers Mel

I will concur with Melbee. Much easier to clean. Not nozzles that you can strip the thread off.

I think the reason why everybody prefers an Eclipse is because so much more has got an Eclipse. The Eclipse is a perfect companion for a Micron.

I had a similar question, I am looking at getting a new airbrush and im considering either the Hp-c plus, the Hp-cs or the Hp-ch, which do you recommend?

I can't compare, as I only have the hp-cs, but I love, love, love everything about it!!!!! Can do fine detail (in the hands of a master anyway LOL), as well as larger areas, easy to strip down and clean, low maintenance, parts are hard wearing and well made, just an all round awesome brush for the money. The other brushes may be better, but I would only upgrade to a micron, if I could afford it.

Well knowing that the Eclipse nozzle just sits in there and doesn't twist like the HPC+, I'm gonna have to start using that Eclipse lol. Before I even got to really use my airbrush when I first got it, I took it a part and when I put it back together, screwed that nozzle clean off... and that sucker was expensive to replace!!! When I got my badger patriot, one thing I did like ALOT right off the bat was the nozzle just sits in there...

I had a similar question, I am looking at getting a new airbrush and im considering either the Hp-c plus, the Hp-cs or the Hp-ch, which do you recommend?

it really depends on your skill level ,what you will be painting,type of paint but the CH is my second favorite brush. CM-C+ being 1st If you want the best all around airbrush (IMO) get the eclipse. I still use mine after 8yrs of beating it up pair that with the siphon feed and there is very little you cannot do

Last edited by a moderator:
Back