Iwata Micron question?

RichardH

Detail Decepticon!
I am thinking about getting a Iwata Micron and was wondering how to tell if it is a copy or defective one I have been reading about that are out there. I haven't held one or seen one up close but was wondering if I could tell just by looking at it. I have seen ebay stuff and they are cheaper but how am I to know if a dealer has bought some and marked them up to what they go for originally?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Richard

Best way to go about it is buy from a reputable dealer, look around at different places i got mine from lion art in holland, others have got from japan but not sure were from, i think @Smiler65 got a brush from japan he may be able to advise you on it

Best way to go about it is buy from a reputable dealer, look around at different places i got mine from lion art in holland, others have got from japan but not sure were from, i think @Smiler65 got a brush from japan he may be able to advise you on it

Thanks matty171 for the advise. I am going today to a art supply dealer to look at one. I was just wondering if I could tell, just by looking at it, if it was a copy or one that made it out the back door because it failed QC test.

Thanks
Richard

Thanks matty171 for the advise. I am going today to a art supply dealer to look at one. I was just wondering if I could tell, just by looking at it, if it was a copy or one that made it out the back door because it failed QC test.

Thanks
Richard
I think i read some were the other day that you can check iwatas web site for a list of dealers, airbrushes not drugs lol
Mate for a bit of comparison i got mine for £220ish delivered from holland so dont be spending £300 if ya dont need to [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Easy order it from David Monnig over at Coast Airbrush http://www.coastairbrush.com/

I highly recommend Coast Airbrush and they do have a lot of knowledgeable people on their staff .
If you have a question about which one to buy just call and ask for David (the owner ) if he does not know the answer right off the back he will get it for you for sure.
Being you are located in the USA that is the place to go for all your airbrush needs . And I think they do price match .

Easy order it from David Monnig over at Coast Airbrush http://www.coastairbrush.com/

I highly recommend Coast Airbrush and they do have a lot of knowledgeable people on their staff .
If you have a question about which one to buy just call and ask for David (the owner ) if he does not know the answer right off the back he will get it for you for sure.
Being you are located in the USA that is the place to go for all your airbrush needs . And I think they do price match .
Thanks Herb,
I might be walking out with one from the store that I know is honest. Have bought lots of stuff from him and I'm sure he is a dealer. This way I can hold it and look it over real good.
I'm from the good side of the USA. HAHAHAHA
Thanks
Richard

I did indeed buy my Hp-sb+ from Japan. I have no worries about it being a knock off or anything wrong with it, you just have to do your research on the sellers. I was happy as it cost me a third of the uk retail price.

I think i read some were the other day that you can check iwatas web site for a list of dealers, airbrushes not drugs lol
Mate for a bit of comparison i got mine for £220ish delivered from holland so dont be spending £300 if ya dont need to [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

They have all gone up now by a lot :(

Well I walked out with a Hp-sb plus. I held both the micron and this one and honestly the micron just didn't feel good in my hand. It seemed nose heavy. It might be me, but the Hp felt real good so I threw the money down and saved about 1/2 the price. It has the 0.2 needle and I hope it does what I want it to do. I have to get an adapter for my compressor outlet before I can use it. They didn't have a hose there but did in another store and will have it Thursday. The only hoses I have are paasche but I do have another hose that I somehow wound up with from something I bought off ebay that will screw onto the iwata but the outlet on the compressor is 1/4 inch and that's why I need to go to the store and get an adapter from 1/8 male to 1/4 female to use the hose I have.
Wish me luck :):):). I Know I'll need some getting used to a fine spray.

Richard

I think I'd do a little comparative shopping between Coast and Chicago. They both sell the CM-B for $451.00 but Coast charges 9% shipping, or they did on my Infinity. I got free shipping on my CM from Chicago.

I think I'd do a little comparative shopping between Coast and Chicago. They both sell the CM-B for $451.00 but Coast charges 9% shipping, or they did on my Infinity. I got free shipping on my CM from Chicago.

Hey Barquester,
Well I held both the micron and the Hp plus. Looked both over and for some reason I didn't like the micron. It might be just me, but the Hp-sb felt a lot better while operating the trigger. It has the 0.2 needle and I'll try it and see how good I am with details. I am pretty sure it will do the things I want it to do. But, if not then I'll get a micron. I went with the side cup so I could see better. Due to age, which looking at your profile, I have a couple of years on you. Being 71, my eyes have to be a lot closer to the paper than they used to be. :glasses:

Richard

I agree with you about the CM being uncomfortable, mine is. I bought it for the 0.18 needle though, but then I bought an Infinity CR+ that is easier to use and it has a 0.15 and a 0.5 needle. Top shelf German engineering is not to be sneered at, like the handle has double start threads, 3/4 turn and the handle is off. I really like it.
I'm just the opposite with the eyes thing, the older I get the thicker the glasses, I can't see without them anymore. Nice to see I'm not the oldest guy here.

You know the really cool thing about this forum. I cannot tell anyones age. Me being 48, you guys being a touch older. And much younger guys here. Seems almost all just are respectful, good hearted people.

face facts Nada, most of us don't act our age anyhow..... and as for not being able to tell how old someone is, most don't care about the genders of some members let alone their age lol

I really don't care what anyone thinks of my age, or anything else. Except that I'm a red blooded redneck American.

face facts Nada, most of us don't act our age anyhow..... and as for not being able to tell how old someone is, most don't care about the genders of some members let alone their age lol
We know you just don't want to be hit on by everyone of the op. gender Jack;)lollollol

Back