Iwata NEO CN cleaning

M

MacRaven

Hi,

i want to ask you all here if it is normal that after cleaning my Neo, i still have paint residues in my gun ?
I tried many variants of cleaning my gun but i always have this paint residues in it.
What usually i do after i am finished ,

pour out the paint,
fill the cup with cleaner and let the air bubble in the cup
pour out,
refill with cleaner and clean inside with a soft brush,
pour out,
fresh cleaner again and spray out, backflow (bubbles) and pour the rest
clean the cup with soft tissue and refill
then cleaner and spray out till empty...

So and here is the point of no return, i can repeat the last step till the end of earth, but i have still paint in the gun.
When my last color was a light one and next is dark it does not do so much, but dark to light might be a problem.
I never tried it.
My guess is that the last paint is hiding between the cup and the needle packing, in that channel.
Because everything from the cup to the tip is clean.

So is there a solution for that otherwise i get ruined by buying cleaner.

I would guess the cleaner your using isn't suitable for paint, but you don't need to constantly use cleaner, I generally put just a touch of cleaner in the cup and blow back and catch the bubbles with a tissue after clean the cup with a soft brush, I then rinse out with clean water, then half fill the cup with cleaner and spray out, after that I just spray water through until it runs clean with no colour.

I have the same brush and just clean with water, i also use a small hairy brush for inside the cup and take the needle out give it a blow thro with water without the needle wipe needle replace and away we go with the next colour. Could your paint be too thick?? If you were to reduce it more see how that go's might be better

Ok so using more water and removing the needle.
I will try it next time.
The color itself is mostly from Schmincke Aero Color.
I use it from out of the bottle to over reduced 10:1.
At least that were my last learning sessions.
I tested color mixing and shading. But also AutoAir makes the same trouble with reducing it from 3:1 up to 1:1.

But as you mentioned it might help taking out the needle, and using more water for cleaning.
Using water will at least help keeping the bills low.

Ok so using more water and removing the needle.
I will try it next time.
The color itself is mostly from Schmincke Aero Color.
I use it from out of the bottle to over reduced 10:1.
At least that were my last learning sessions.
I tested color mixing and shading. But also AutoAir makes the same trouble with reducing it from 3:1 up to 1:1.

But as you mentioned it might help taking out the needle, and using more water for cleaning.
Using water will at least help keeping the bills low.
If your reducing up to 10:1 reducer:paint then i dont think your paints to thick, was just a thought [emoji4]

If your reducing up to 10:1 reducer:paint then i dont think your paints to thick, was just a thought [emoji4]

Yep, based on this and if you work for long periods, paint could be congealing near the trigger cavity seal at the back of the cup where there is the least movement, I normally put just a few drops of paint in at a time and spray through with water every 1 to 1.5 hours.

Yep, based on this and if you work for long periods, paint could be congealing near the trigger cavity seal at the back of the cup where there is the least movement, I normally put just a few drops of paint in at a time and spray through with water every 1 to 1.5 hours.
Yea if im using the same colour for a while ill flush it thro every now and then, maybe too much lol

Yea if im using the same colour for a while ill flush it thro every now and then, maybe too much lol

You can never do it too much, being a proper Scottish tight arse I just can't handle the prospect of having to fork out for a new brush if I can a make the one I've got last forever:)

o_O ok i screwed the typing of mixing ratios

but i have to tell you that removing the needle and plenty of water did the trick...

thank you very much

Back