Iwata Neo

B

Bingy99

I am currently using two of these having decided to buy budget until getting more information on where to go next.

Any real issues with these?

I assume that higher level will make some difference in use.

mildly, not dramatically, I mean as a beginner you would notice barely any difference apart from different feeling in the trigger but a pro would notice huge difference, like a tennis player with a $1000 racket.....the nero isn't a bad brush for beginners you can get some reasonable detail and its easy and reliable in use.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently using two of these having decided to buy budget until getting more information on where to go next.

Neo is a good beginner brush, runs the same sized needle nozzle as the Elcipse CS and I have seen some really amazing work from them.
Learn the basics and than later decide to buy another brush.
What paints are you using?
I have said this many time before it is not the airbrush that makes the artist but the artist that makes the airbrush.
So if you learn all the ins and outs of the NEO it will make you a good airbrush.

what I mean is, you have so couple if decent beginner brushes,, carry on with them until you feel ready by that time, control and knowledge on maintenance and reductions etc etc would of improved

My first brush was a neo CN and I still use it along with my Eclipse that I bought after I got the hang of the neo. The problem with the neo is when I first got it I couldn't even buy a needle. Now you can buy the needle and nozzle and the needle cap and I believe that is it for parts. The needle is a .35 like Micron mentioned however it is machined different so the rest of it is smaller so you cant use a Eclipse needle to replace it. If that makes sense! I talked to someone at Coast about using different parts and they told me you couldn't. Like the bearing wont fit from an Eclipse. Other than that it does some pretty good fine detail. I also noticed that it runs a lower pressure than my Eclipse. If I swap brushes I have to re adjust my psi. for each brush. Other than that I think it is a decent beginner brush.

I am using wicked paints. I do have minor issues with tip drying, but I just wipe the tip regularly as I am painting. I do have to play with reduction of different colours, but from what I am reading on here, everyone has issues with different combinations of paint and brush and air pressure. The most important bit seems to be blipping full paint on a scrap sheet at the side all the time.

Tip dry is not caused by the airbrush. It is the result of water based paints. We all suffer from it.

Also the neo needle is very very easy to bend wiping off, use a wet paint brush lot less chance catching the tip .

Back