Iwata problems!

K

kerriely

Does any one know about Iwata Eclipse HP BCS air brush troubleshooting? When I pull the trigger back on mine, it doesn't spring forward, it is very tight even though I have oiled it. It is not the air valve, as the trigger doesn't stick up and down but back and forth :( Any help would be appreciated!

Hi there Kerriely, a couple of things... first, can you please go along to the introductions page and let us know who you are, where you're from, etc. Have a look at some of the other intro's to see. It helps us answer peoples questions. http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Have you checked if your needle is bent? What spraying have you been doing recently? What sort of paint? Cheers Mark

Ive had that happen from poor cleaning. Other than that a bent needle or needle packing too tight.

Sorry! I'm new at these online things, I do custom show clothing for equestrian competition, so I will be using golden pigments thinned with fabric medium, and sometimes fabric stiffener... I have an Iwata eclipse hp BCS.

I think the oil just needed to set in because it is now working, however now my trigger is sticking so I might have to check my valve. Ive only been airbrushing for about a year... I started with an airbrush from Princess Auto which was awful and didn't spray well, and purchased this one used. I did a deep clean today, after which I noticed that it was sticking - I must have let some solvent slip back. And no I did not soak it as tutorials have stated that would lead to problems, though I am not sure exactly what kind.

I very much appreciate everyone's help, I find it so wonderful that we can all help each other. It's great to have so much support in my new hobby! :)

Ask lots of questions, we are really a helpful bunch... :) The intro helps us narrow down a persons experience and hence what they may or may not know...
A little super lube on the trigger piston thing might help the stick of the trigger. How new is the brush?

Well some of the question you have you have given information for but a proper introduction actually helps a lot more as well http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Now on to question time. What are you using to lube your airbrush? OIL??? WTH super lube is the recommend lube for all paint types in all Iwata airbrushes.
What are you using for your deep clean ? How are you deep cleaning it ?
If using a water based paint 5619 Restorer made by Createx is great for soaking the nozzle and needle in.
But you do not want to use it to soak the entire airbrush due to it will swell the rubber o-rings in the air valve. Which sounds like you problem a swollen o-ring in the air valve.
If you needle fails to return it means either you needle bearing is to tight or you have an older Eclipse BCS with the Rubber needle bearing and it was swollen up and needed time to relax back into shape.
Yes we love helping but we also love knowing who we are helping , So please take the time to go and make a proper introduction and let us know where on this planet you live and maybe post up some work.

To answer some questions and put fears aside: I am definitely not using oil, I do know the danger in that. I use Glycerin as I had that laying around the house.... Strange I know but It works for the time being until I can get the superlube. I take all the pieces of my airbrush apart, I use the Createx products for cleaning. One is just an everyday cleanser and the other is meant to be a solvent for dried on paint - I used that today. I do not soak my machine as I know the issues with the air valves, I don't have an issue with the trigger going up and down, it was back and forth causing me to think that perhaps the spring needed to be softer or it needed a little glycerin. I let my machine pieces dry for a few hours then I put it all back together. This is when I was noticing the issue with it... I am unsure of how old this one is, because I originally got it used. I really knew nothing when I purchased it, so for all I know the guy could have sold me something broken etc but so far I love it. It was actually the strangest interaction I ever had with a person, literally met on the street and it was in a plastic bag. I didn't even know how much they cost at that point, but I only paid 45.00 for it and it works fantastically -in my inexperienced opinion :)

I also purchased a new needle today, I haven't tried it but if I continue to have issues I think I will give it a shot!

As soon as I have something post worthy I will definitely post it, but right now I am working on remembering to keep my airbrush in motion and doing lines and forming good technique skills. I really cannot do anything freehand yet... Other than a poor looking palm tree and some lines and swirls and such insignificant things...
I am thinking of making some stencils for my jackets for now and using those until I can freehand a bit more and do some real artwork. Thank you for posting a link, I will go there as soon as I have something completed to share :)

Glycerol /ˈɡlɪsərɒl/[4] (also called glycerine or glycerin; see spelling differences) is a simple polyol (sugar alcohol) compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations. Glycerol has three hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature. The glycerol backbone is central to all lipids known as triglycerides. Glycerol is sweet-tasting and is non-toxic

chances are you've gummed up the works by using glycerine, rinse it all off and let it dry right out and put it back together, I no longer use lube, used it once, never again. (iwata super lube)

glycerine is also used to smooth rough skin, used in baking and also in 'vaping' !! its a good all round product :)

and making soap... early anti freeze and of course nitroglycerine... a good product indeed but probably not the best product in an airbrush...

glycerine is also used to smooth rough skin, used in baking and also in 'vaping' !! its a good all round product :)

It's most common use around the home is to make Jelly (or jello as some call it) and also blancmange, but it is also used in theatrical make up to make fake skin for cuts, bullet holes to the forehead and chest, friction abrasions among other things, it's pretty versatile stuff, although using it for lubricating purposes is as you say not the way to go:eek:

A few reasons why a needle does not return is.
1. Needle packing seal is too tight
2. Needle packing seal dirty and is thus too tight
3. Spring warn out and has gone soft
3. Spring tensioner not tight enough

45 dollars that was a deal. The bcs is a good brush.

Do not worry about your skills not being up to par. I started on this forum as a total noob. We can really help you learn to do things that will suprise yourself. I know because my early works were soooo bad it was comical. Now i can produce stuff that looks good to at least non artists.

Glycerol /ˈɡlɪsərɒl/[4] (also called glycerine or glycerin; see spelling differences) is a simple polyol (sugar alcohol) compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations. Glycerol has three hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature. The glycerol backbone is central to all lipids known as triglycerides. Glycerol is sweet-tasting and is non-toxic

chances are you've gummed up the works by using glycerine, rinse it all off and let it dry right out and put it back together, I no longer use lube, used it once, never again. (iwata super lube)
Ill lube my needle still but no lube goes near my air valve.

It seems to be working well this morning... I am sure it is all thanks to the many suggestions I tried! And thank you all for the kind words, I appreciate you all responding!

I used the suggestion for glycerine off of airbrush guru, and in some cases glycerine is used to lubricate. It was 'gummed up' prior to using glycerine otherwise I would not have used anything at all...I hope I didn't mess anything up...I'm actually spraying a felt hat grey at the moment, it was originally an off white colour... Wish me luck lol

Back