Iwata Revolution BCR

MikeyDee

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hello everyone,

The iwata revolution BCR has a 0.5 needle and nozzle. Does anyone know if there is a smaller size set that will fit this brush. I haven't been able to find anything that says it will fit. Probably a question for DaveG. He know so much about interchangeable parts. Also, I was wondering if there is a paint cup for this brush instead of the bottles. Thanks so much everyone.

Stay safe
Mike

there is a .3 conversion set for the BCR. Nozzle, Nozzle Cap, and needle, I believe... A cup used on most any bottom feed brush should fit, as most seem to use the same size bottle stem.

Being a bit creative, I am pretty sure the brush can also be set up as a .2, as the Tamiya HG SuperFine comes as a .2. The Tamiya is the same build as the Revolution, but features a different handle. A look through Tamiya parts lists on Coast Airbrush will give Iwata part numbers for the required pieces - Nozzle, Needle, and Nozzle Cap must all be changed.

Last edited:
there is a .3 conversion set for the BCR. Nozzle, Nozzle Cap, and needle, I believe... A cup used on most any bottom feed brush should fit, as most seem to use the same size bottle stem.

Being a bit creative, I am pretty sure the brush can also be set up as a .2, as the Tamiya HG SuperFine comes as a .2. The Tamiya is the same build as the Revolution, but features a different handle. A look through Tamiya parts lists on Coast Airbrush will give Iwata part numbers for the required pieces - Nozzle, Needle, and Nozzle Cap must all be changed.
This is great information. Thanks so much Dave. I will take a look at coast. Your the best.

Thanks

@DaveG I don't know if you can confirm and I haven't touched my brushes in awhile, but on my Revolution conversion, the .3mm from the AR and BR use the thinner needle size so all those internals would have to be changed as well. I stole my needle from some other model that was .3mm but used the larger needle size.. like a HP-C... coulda been a TR1. They also make a CR3 now but I have no idea what parts are in that.

@DaveG I don't know if you can confirm and I haven't touched my brushes in awhile, but on my Revolution conversion, the .3mm from the AR and BR use the thinner needle size so all those internals would have to be changed as well. I stole my needle from some other model that was .3mm but used the larger needle size.. like a HP-C... coulda been a TR1. They also make a CR3 now but I have no idea what parts are in that.

I don't have all the brushes to confirm - I looked up the parts, and there is a .3 conversion set available for the BCR which does include a needle. The only thing that would need changed for a thinner needle in these sizes, is the needle packing, and you should be able to just tighten the .5 to close down on the .3 - probably would need to replace going back the other way though.

I ran into the studio (in the middle of typing this), and took a quick look at a TRN in .3, and the TH in .5, and the needle diameters are the same. Stepping down to a .2 is a thinner needle, but the packing can for sure be adjusted to accommodate.

I picked that trick from AndreZa, member of this forum. He has blog about this. Here you go:
https://avwairbrushworks.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/harder-and-steenbeck-siphon-cup/

I also tried Fengda cups, which are compatible, but they are made very strange so they don't pick color at the bottom. They cut away stem from inside....
This is all great information. I have a couple of cups where the stem doesn't reach the bottom and I don't like them that much.

I was able to find the part numbers for the conversion to 0.3 #7173 needle #7042 nozzle and #7022 nozzle cap. These parts are listed and conversion forts for this brush. aside from the needle cap should these parts be the only one i need to do this? Thanks guys for your help. I'm a little lost still as I am learning about these different brushes ans sizes.

I was able to find the part numbers for the conversion to 0.3 #7173 needle #7042 nozzle and #7022 nozzle cap. These parts are listed and conversion forts for this brush. aside from the needle cap should these parts be the only one i need to do this? Thanks guys for your help. I'm a little lost still as I am learning about these different brushes ans sizes.
you should be good to go

Back