Iwata superlube

Hydeous

Young Tutorling
hi guys,

Was wondering if there's any tutorials on which part of the airbrush that require the superlube, besides the trigger?

Absolutely nothing needs Supalube because it is crap. And if you use other better lubes, you only need to put a little bit on the needle.

Are there any lubes that you and the majority of the vets here would recommend? I almost bought one via Amazon. Thanks for the safe :)

Are there any lubes that you and the majority of the vets here would recommend? I almost bought one via Amazon. Thanks for the safe :)

You literally lube with jipust about anything, as a
Anice pointed out, the tiniest dab on the needle tip and wipe off immediately is all I do, and this is just an aid to help prevent tip dry so I do it before every use, I just use oil that came with my hair clippers which I would assume is 3 in 1 machine oil.

But if you're dead set on on getting a special state of the art full proof lube, go for the K33 balm from Foxy, you've already checked out the thread so why not just order some?

You can lube parts ip of your brush that may appear sticky when the need arises, but I personally would prefer to find why they are sticky than risk making the problem worse by filling problem areas with oil, I have three iwatas including a micron and never lubed anything other than the needle tip as I said.

Why not pop along to the intro section of the forum and give us a little info on yourself, if we know approximate location and what type of work you intend to do we can cater for your specific needs where appropriate.;)

That's what worries me actually, that the paint I use may have different reaction than others. I'll go over to than section and post then, thanks for your advice, see you there :)

As Andre and Malky say, i just lube my needle but with K33 balm. Thats only to keep my action through the needle bearing smooth as poss

That's what worries me actually, that the paint I use may have different reaction than others. I'll go over to than section and post then, thanks for your advice, see you there :)

I love my Samsung tablet but I hate the Japanese bastard spell check/auto text crap, top line should have read "You can lube with anything" and "as Andre pointed out":confused:

I'm not familiar with the mr hobby paints you mention and although I know of tamiya paints I've never been sure if they are water based or solvent based, but either way they could both be the reason you may not be getting best out of your Iwata, possibly attention needed in regards to thinning, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that precise cleaning is also a must.

If you do use lube on anything, simply don't cake it, after you apply a tiny amount still wipe it off afterwards, there's little risk it will react with your paint, any reaction if it did happen would more than likely result in "fish eye" or "cissing" as it's called in my part of the world, you would definitely notice that if you had it and it is usually more of a problem with glossier paints than matt paints, although fish eye happens with fluorescent paints when coats are applied too thick, when using these paints several light dust coats are better than a couple of medium to thin coats.

I love my Samsung tablet but I hate the Japanese bastard spell check/auto text crap, top line should have read "You can lube with anything" and "as Andre pointed out":confused:

I'm not familiar with the mr hobby paints you mention and although I know of tamiya paints I've never been sure if they are water based or solvent based, but either way they could both be the reason you may not be getting best out of your Iwata, possibly attention needed in regards to thinning, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that precise cleaning is also a must.

If you do use lube on anything, simply don't cake it, after you apply a tiny amount still wipe it off afterwards, there's little risk it will react with your paint, any reaction if it did happen would more than likely result in "fish eye" or "cissing" as it's called in my part of the world, you would definitely notice that if you had it and it is usually more of a problem with glossier paints than matt paints, although fish eye happens with fluorescent paints when coats are applied too thick, when using these paints several light dust coats are better than a couple of medium to thin coats.

The tamiya are enamel / oil based. So yes, I do use thinner with them so I can airbrush them. So are the mr hobby / lacquer paints.

I haven't had any problems with my paint, but I'd just like to be ready and prepare the necessary maintaince rather than waiting for it to troubleshoot then fixing it. Many of the Japanese modellers use Iwata and mr hobby / tamiya paints, so I'm just wondering if I should be safer using the Iwata superlube then? Although I'm just guessing they haven't had any troubles with it, since Iwata is still including those with every purchase lol.

The tamiya are enamel / oil based. So yes, I do use thinner with them so I can airbrush them. So are the mr hobby / lacquer paints.

I haven't had any problems with my paint, but I'd just like to be ready and prepare the necessary maintaince rather than waiting for it to troubleshoot then fixing it. Many of the Japanese modellers use Iwata and mr hobby / tamiya paints, so I'm just wondering if I should be safer using the Iwata superlube then? Although I'm just guessing they haven't had any troubles with it, since Iwata is still including those with every purchase lol.

Well since you will only expect to lube as and when needed, I would go for the K33 balm, I should point out that forum members get a discount from Foxy by using the code featured here on the forum, I'm sure some one will point you to it, but it sometimes appears on the homepage on the right column.

Yeah, I noticed it took away like 0.30 euro from the total. I think I'll buy some as soon as I get my CM airbrush. ;)

I don't use any lube. I used to use it, but found after a while I needed to strip the brush and clean it cos it seemed at bit gummy. I just stopped using it and don't miss it at all, still get a nice smooth action and less cleaning. But lots of folks like it, the k33 has lots of positive reports.

Back