Iwata?

D

DreadfulEpiphany

I'd really like to start airbrushing, but I don't know where to start. I'm really interested in doing fine art and I've read that the Iwata Eclipse is an excellent beginner airbrush. (But now I'm hearing that the HP-C is good too.) I'm also interested in doing airbrush spray tanning, which I've read that the Iwata RG-3 is the absolute best for. I don't know which one to pick, if any of the two. Does anyone have any ideas, pointers or suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant really do both with the same airbrush.. a detail airbrush won't be so good for spray tan.. but u could get a touch up gun good for spray tan for around $100? Read what infor you can on the airbrushtutor site.. that should give you at least a bit of background of what you need-- Airbrush Setup..

Thanks, it's just a little overwhelming for a beginner to know what to look for in equipment! But this website is excellent and the Airbrush Tutor videos on YouTube are really inspiring.
:)

:)Thanks! i don't know if you've got a budget.. but as a starter brush this is what i'd recommend from iwata: http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.php/products/hp_c_plus - you should be able to get one for $US180. otherwise go the revolution i'm sure that's still a great airbrush.
You can't spray tan with it but you can certainly do fine art=) next is your compressor. any q's you got you can ask in the compressor section!

hey umm i just bot me a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iwata Hi-Line HP-CH — PN: 4003 airbrush im wondering if thats a good airbrush? and can someone tell what typ of paint i should use cus i been useing Golden paints

[/FONT]

Right on, after doing a lot more research I've settled on the HP-C Plus for artwork and then just buying the Anest RG-3 separately. I've found a ridiculous good deal on a RG-3, so I'll be able to afford both. (Phew!) Thanks guys!

DreadfulEpiphany...your in the same boat as me......soooooo much info out there....everyone has there own opinion...and there all different.....its taken me about a month to decide what to get....and in the end i just bit the bullet and bought an elipse....i just figure its had great reviews and whatevere i end up buying ill get used to and eventually get really good at using....see how we go ay? also went with wicked paints......now i gotta just decide on a compressor.....

Yeah, it's a bit intimidating! Let me know what you think of that Eclipse when you get everything in order, I'd like to see how it compares with the HP-C Plus. I had a hard time deciding between the two. I'm going with the Wicked paints too.

I decided on the Iwata Power Jet Pro for a compressor. I love the protective case since I'm going to be carrying it around a lot.

I'v just buy iwata eclipse hp-sbs and work good not realy expensive around 200$cad (dtk your devise lol) for the compressor i have a mini compressor sparmax he realy work good (i'll post screen of him if you want )

H.P : 1/8 single cylinder
max pressure: 80psi
working pressure : 0-60 psi
flow 0.71cfm 20lpm
amps 1.0
hope that can help you a bit have fun !

HP-C comes with a .30 needle set up and is great for everything. Now here is the Kicker,,, Poor man's Micron Buy the .20 needle and nozzle for the CH-B or A and put them in your HP-C and you have just turned you airbrush into a fine detail brush. Paint dragons on finger nails if you want to , But that is a cheaper route and you only have to have one airbrush to do both. I learn this from Craig Fraser cool guy by the way.
You can also add a taller trigger to the smaller needle set up for better response of the paint But all this is still cheaper than buying a micron.
Reason I bought the Micron It fits my style of airbrushing , Is it the end all detail gun , That is up to the user.I love it But other hate it so it is always personal choice.
I wish every MFG of airbrush had a test drive place you could go and kind of a try before you buy type thing.It would make life so much easier.
But the Talon is a great all around airbrush too.

HP-C comes with a .30 needle set up and is great for everything. Now here is the Kicker,,, Poor man's Micron Buy the .20 needle and nozzle for the CH-B or A and put them in your HP-C and you have just turned you airbrush into a fine detail brush. Paint dragons on finger nails if you want to , But that is a cheaper route and you only have to have one airbrush to do both. I learn this from Craig Fraser cool guy by the way.
You can also add a taller trigger to the smaller needle set up for better response of the paint But all this is still cheaper than buying a micron.
Reason I bought the Micron It fits my style of airbrushing , Is it the end all detail gun , That is up to the user.I love it But other hate it so it is always personal choice.
I wish every MFG of airbrush had a test drive place you could go and kind of a try before you buy type thing.It would make life so much easier.
But the Talon is a great all around airbrush too.

Sorry but what is the CH-B? I don't see any model by that name from Iwata on their webpage. I've got a Neo for Iwata BCN and am considering buying a HP-C Plus next, getting a smaller needle/nozzle combo for finer stuff sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks

Hey Mitch did you hear what Mr. Micron said. He said it would be great if we had a place to try out all the different types of guns, I agree! So when you become rich and famous world wide you can open up some shooting ranges...point, aim, shoot. ab's booth.png

Back