Jacquard paint test

basepaint

Air-Valve Autobot!
Just received Three bottles of airbrush paint in the mail free from Jacquard in calif. It came with a ref. book showing all there paints and what there for.Also a order form if you want to order some paints.
The colors were trans black,trans red,and regular opa'white. I tryed the white first and it sprayed good out of my HP-CS with a .5 nozzle in it with very little tip dry at 25 psi.and if the trans paints work as well I think there worth looking into jmo so i thought i would let the people here know.

Hi, Basepaint.
Been using Jaquard stuff for a while now, and only have the usual tip dry issues with the white.
However, having said that, I find that if you reduce it and add a drop of glycerin to the mix, all is well.
Psi ranges from about 12 to 25, and had no real issues except some splattering on very heavily reduced black transparent [too much air for such a thin mix}.
All in all, good stuff imho!

Hi, Basepaint.
Been using Jaquard stuff for a while now, and only have the usual tip dry issues with the white.
However, having said that, I find that if you reduce it and add a drop of glycerin to the mix, all is well.
Psi ranges from about 12 to 25, and had no real issues except some splattering on very heavily reduced black transparent [too much air for such a thin mix}.
All in all, good stuff imho!
what reduction do you use 2/1

No, more like 3 or 4 to 1 with the opaques but usually, however with the transparents, I only reduce minimally about 2 drops per drop of paint and reduce the air to about 15-17 psi for general stuff.
Manages to drag some fairly fine lines at this rate, which I like.
As I'm still a relative newb at the AB, I find this works for me.

Back