Jaquard metallics

I have noticed that paints are cheaper in the US than here in Oz by 30 to 40% and yes I am converting Trident in OZ cheapest is $14.70 AUD
in the US $5.00 I have seen it in most of the popular brands and now Jacquard
WHATs up!
imo, most of the popular paints for airbrushes are made there *US ,it still can be considered cheap(*not really for my wallet atm [emoji23]), for me its more likely the purchase availability and product variations, i get so interested to try the Trident paints, but i cant find any source to buy it here, and as for the createx, the seller either from online shop or local retailers that provide createx product doesnt have ex: auto air, candy, 4030.

if $16.50 is the not on promo price for it, after some calc i found out its about rm32 could be around $7.. might be worth. it has a cour label on the delivery box when i received it and stated that it was shipped out from somewhere in california usa. takin about a month to be here.
I wouldn't have been disappointed at full price, Actually impressed even at full price. though I wasn't in the market for metallics at the time.

I wouldn't have been disappointed at full price, Actually impressed even at full price. though I wasn't in the market for metallics at the time.
yeap, for me it just worth it for the pack series and as it was my first experience with this brand it was impressive, and i am really agreed with some people that stated the varnish included seem like not to going well with wicked. had it happened to me once, and too lazy to look for the solutions [emoji23]

I have seen the 1/2 oz packs of these for like $10.00- I would love to try some.
what brand it was? if im not mistaken, i saw various type off kinda "starter pack" if im not mistaken thats what they call it by jaquard not only metallics. i personally like this brand, figured out that for this metallic kind works great with larger noozle size..

Exciter packs. yeah they have one for each kind of paint
yeap, for me it just worth it for the pack series and as it was my first experience with this brand it was impressive, and i am really agreed with some people that stated the varnish included seem like not to going well with wicked. had it happened to me once, and too lazy to look for the solutions [emoji23]
I don't imagine there is much of a solution since all of jacquards paints are heat set. It was fine if I varnished with liquitex first, but then whats the point in using the jacquard varnish after.

Exciter packs. yeah they have one for each kind of paint

I don't imagine there is much of a solution since all of jacquards paints are heat set. It was fine if I varnished with liquitex first, but then whats the point in using the jacquard varnish after.
Haha[emoji23], so i would just let it sat in my storage for as long as it probably still useless for me, btw i am having a hard time of rinsing the ab or cleaning after shooting some of the varnish, it was my first varnish anyway.

It does take a while to rinse that varnish out. seeing what it does to wicked and how it's far less water soluble it's probably some pretty serious varnish if your using it on fabrics like it's intended for.
Oh wait it says its actually intended for metals plastics and other hard surfaces. Hah no wonder it acts the way it does. It almost acts like solvent based clears.

It does take a while to rinse that varnish out. seeing what it does to wicked and how it's far less water soluble it's probably some pretty serious varnish if your using it on fabrics like it's intended for.
Oh wait it says its actually intended for metals plastics and other hard surfaces. Hah no wonder it acts the way it does. It almost acts like solvent based clears.
you almost got me surprised and thinking that another new thing for today by saying that varnish related to fabric hahaha. . well by the instruction on the bottle label, no fabric was mentioned, totally go with you, mostly act like solvent type of clear.

imo, most of the popular paints for airbrushes are made there *US ,it still can be considered cheap(*not really for my wallet atm [emoji23]), for me its more likely the purchase availability and product variations, i get so interested to try the Trident paints, but i cant find any source to buy it here, and as for the createx, the seller either from online shop or local retailers that provide createx product doesnt have ex: auto air, candy, 4030.[/QUOTE

Evil Bay has a few sellers flogging Trident paints, but you want to hear something funny,,, the darn stuff is made in Australia don't worry I am getting splinters in my fingers thinking about it.:thumbsdown::sour:

Hahaha.. just figured that out right after posted my last comment, and im takin my head to the logic, it was by watching the "airbrush asylum" vid on Yt is where and when i started to know trident, since i admire the channel and the artis for their great input and kinda feed me with the detail of sbs and so on in airbrushing that im diggin for so that turned out that i want to try that paint too. haha. australia is not far from my country maybe, but i still yet figure out if the retailers there offered overseas delivery. and considering the currency diff [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] cant barely said its goin to be a few.. [emoji16]

I can not understand why AB paints cost so much in australia even the solvent based paint for cars, basecoat are $250 to $4oo AUD for 4 liters for mid ranged paints De beer and PPG

I can not understand why AB paints cost so much in australia even the solvent based paint for cars, basecoat are $250 to $4oo AUD for 4 liters for mid ranged paints De beer and PPG
makes me wonder what is the main factor that leads the paint to hit the market with such expensive, as ex for trident manufactured in Aus still yet not that really affordable for everybody, anyway im not really get my hands on solvent base paint, so that i cant state how much is the price here. but i would be agreed with you as for Ab paints, it was such a pain in the **s to purchase. as for now, for me i just can wish that someday i can own and shoot those fantastic lines in createx line. [emoji16]

makes me wonder what is the main factor that leads the paint to hit the market with such expensive, as ex for trident manufactured in Aus still yet not that really affordable for everybody, anyway im not really get my hands on solvent base paint, so that i cant state how much is the price here. but i would be agreed with you as for Ab paints, it was such a pain in the **s to purchase. as for now, for me i just can wish that someday i can own and shoot those fantastic lines in createx line. [emoji16]
I dont know if it holds true for airbrush paint but in others I know theres really only a few companies that make the pigments and binders, so maybe even the stuff made there is still dependent on ingredients from here? Idk just a guess.

I dont know if it holds true for airbrush paint but in others I know theres really only a few companies that make the pigments and binders, so maybe even the stuff made there is still dependent on ingredients from here? Idk just a guess.
i cant seem to argue with that, it still makes sense. there should be a few things that still chained to dependencies for the manufacturing process, as for me it might be more to "finer attomization" type of paint. [emoji16]

i cant seem to argue with that, it still makes sense. there should be a few things that still chained to dependencies for the manufacturing process, as for me it might be more to "finer attomization" type of paint. [emoji16]
Thats true, I would imagine it might be more expensive to set up a milling process that can break it down that fine. Instead of just importing it.
Who knows.... could just be supply and demand balance is different.

Thats true, I would imagine it might be more expensive to set up a milling process that can break it down that fine. Instead of just importing it.
Who knows.... could just be supply and demand balance is different.
Sometimes things industrial sectors is beyond the consumer can guess, while from my pov, we as a consumer would see makin it, build it to reduce the waste and maximizing the profit, but suit from you word.

I suppose the reason I am complaining is I mainly use solvent paint and due to transport restriction I can not order them online from overseas , I can with water based, but due some paint techniques I use, they are unsuitable. Due the amount of paint I use the smallest quantity I need is 8oz or 236ml. With black ,white and pearl white the smallest order would be over 36oz or 1 liter I can not even pick up waste paint from panel beater because they have ,log here paint usage and dispose via Epa

Crazy thing is I think I vaguely remember PPG actually mining some sort of pigment out of australia.
Only a fuzzy memory so i'm not entirely sure. Maybe it was just their clayton plant i remember hearing something about.
I know they have a mine for one of their pigments on a small military base in florida. That one I saw firsthand.
It's a big spiderweb for sure.
That sucks you can't pick up waste paint.

Last edited:
Back