Javier Soto tutorials question

Michal

Gravity Guru
hello every1, is there any point for absolute beginner to buy Javier Soto dvds? i mean will I benefit from them at all not being good in basics yet?

Sure, you'll definitely learn something. You may not be able to apply the techniques yet, but you'll get the concept.

May I suggest seeing if you can find a copy of Daniel Powers series one dvd set to buy . It is 100% for the beginner .
But you can learn something from most dvd videos making what you have learned work is the trick

You can always learn the basics from Airbrushtutor's vids on youtube, and they are all free.
Do those over and over and then you can move on to others as you have mentioned.

You can always learn the basics from Airbrushtutor's vids on youtube, and they are all free.
Do those over and over and then you can move on to others as you have mentioned.
Who is this AirbrushTutor you speak of? We use to have a guy on here by that name then the monkey kidnapped him and he does not get heard from much .
But I always assume that everyone here has Mitch's youtube page booked marked But if you do not then https://www.youtube.com/user/airbrushtutor
do it NOW!!!! :D

Thank You all for your input guys! Just found David Morton all 17 dvds on ebay for 30 GBP so i think that will be good investment to start with

Thank You all for your input guys! Just found David Morton all 17 dvds on ebay for 30 GBP so i think that will be good investment to start with
David has some good vids and his price is always affordable even straight from him . mainly because he does them all him self.Cuts out the middle man..LOL
I have his dvd's and I have talked with him in person many times over the years , being he teaches an airbrush class just about 50 miles from me.

http://www.airbrushclasses.com/ that is his website

These are direct from David, He's the one selling them on ebay.
They are all one and 2 steps up from the training drills you need to do.
But as MrMicron said, do the training drills from the youtube page he gave you.

Michal. I bought Airbrush Tutors ULTIMATE AIRBRUSH CONTROL (online download) and could not recommend it enough!! It is brilliant and he teaches you everything and you work through a project from start to finish teaching all the basics to get you totally started in this hobby / industry. I am still practising and I find I am replaying various parts of the video to really make sure I don't miss a beat. They are honestly really good and now when I watch say Cory St Claire's DVD's I can see the reference and know how I would be doing all the effects (I just need to actually get better at doing them before I attempt anything time consuming that I'd want to do well. Either way, get what you need to get started and do lots of that bloody word I used herein .... "Practice" :)

Michal. I bought Airbrush Tutors ULTIMATE AIRBRUSH CONTROL (online download) and could not recommend it enough!! It is brilliant and he teaches you everything and you work through a project from start to finish teaching all the basics to get you totally started in this hobby / industry. I am still practising and I find I am replaying various parts of the video to really make sure I don't miss a beat. They are honestly really good and now when I watch say Cory St Claire's DVD's I can see the reference and know how I would be doing all the effects (I just need to actually get better at doing them before I attempt anything time consuming that I'd want to do well. Either way, get what you need to get started and do lots of that bloody word I used herein .... "Practice" :)
Hello mate! Thanks a lot, i dont have spare 97 bucks atm but it is something i will be lookin at in the future =) so what exactly do u get with this file is it just video?

You get both video and download materials to learn the 5/6 airbrush effects and the project (Cameron Diaz portrait) that you end up painting. Even the drills! Unlike say Cory who just paints and gives you an outline of his methodology using say stencils, Mitch actually tells you how to do the 5 (he makes them 6) airbrush effects and shows you and in the second video you learn step by step what effects you paint to create an item eg to paint the iris of the project he tells you every little "effect" he does to create it so you learn how to apply the effects (lines, dots, blends etc) to create it. Armed with his info followed by practice you can create any portrait or picture you want! He does this for a significant part of the whole Cameron Diaz project which gives you the confidence to do ANYTHING. I just know I need to practice creating the effects better! I have learnt more from his ONE video than all of the other "effects" videos I have bought or rented (approx 9 of them).
I'd be disappointed if you bought it and didn't think it was good value. I only wish Airbrush TV and Coast Airbrush knew of it because it pisses over the "beginners lessons DVD's they sell!
I haven't done the portrait yet because I don't want to attempt it until I feel I could do it justice - but that's me being a finicky fukk and idealising being a perfectionist (which in reality I'm not) :)

Mitch has so much free stuff to learn from, im seriously considering his video. I have learned far more watching the free videos than anything else combined, one of the reasond i co.tributed to the forum

Thank You very much guys, I agree with u Nada i have learned a lot from Mitch's free youtube videos so I will probably do as Cluck say, maybe after payday ;) 5 hours of vid plus references and other materials seems to be worth it

Heres one off u tube you can watch
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back