Just introducing myself

A

Andy Caddick

Hi all, I posted some work on another thread and was asked to introduce myself, I'm in the UK and I'm a keen artist working in airbrush and also branching out into oils. My style and passion is both realism and also expression ism type painting as well as a love for the classical work of the past greats. I'm always trying to improve and there are some amazing artists here. I started airbrushing about 2 years ago and attended a course with Dru on portrait work. I'm trying to turn my passion into a possible career but time is limited as life is so busy!!! I use iwata brushed and mainly created illustration paint and also aerocolour inks .

Hi all, I posted some work on another thread and was asked to introduce myself, I'm in the UK and I'm a keen artist working in airbrush and also branching out into oils. My style and passion is both realism and also expression ism type painting as well as a love for the classical work of the past greats. I'm always trying to improve and there are some amazing artists here. I started airbrushing about 2 years ago and attended a course with Dru on portrait work. I'm trying to turn my passion into a possible career but time is limited as life is so busy!!! I use iwata brushed and mainly created illustration paint and also aerocolour inks .

Welcome. I'm curious if you've found a market for that kind of work.

Welcome to the forum from China! Your work is outstanding. Great to have you in this forum - we are keen to learn from you :)
Thank you for the kind words but I'm still learning myself. I'm more than happy to help anyone in anyway I can if needed so please feel free to ask or drop me a message on facebook

Welcome. I'm curious if you've found a market for that kind of work.
I've done some commissions and sold a few pieces of original work but they have been mixed media as opposed to all airbrush. It's difficult because I love the airbrush but I don't think there is a huge market for the realism type of work here in the UK although I may be very wrong. I think people look at the art as more of technical achievement as opposed to the artistic merit which in my view is a shame. I am doing more work with oils lately and I may try and set up a separate line of work as I really have a passion for contemporary portrait art. I love the airbrush though and I'll never stop using it, in fact I feel I'm still at the beginning of my journey with the tool!

Welcome Andy! I’m from the South near Gatwick and it’s nice to have you aboard. The pieces you’ve posted so far are fantastic, I’ll look forward to seeing some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for kind words. Great to meet a fellow UK airbrush artist. Look me up on Facebook sometime or instagram @andycaddick_art. Love to share knowledge and ideas

Thank you for kind words. Great to meet a fellow UK airbrush artist. Look me up on Facebook sometime or instagram @andycaddick_art. Love to share knowledge and ideas
Done and done, just liked your Artist’s page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from the West Midlands. It's great to have another uk artist on the forum. We have members from around the globe and we try to advise, encourage and help everyone who is here. I know what you mean about the airbrush not being that popular over here. Anyone who has asked me to paint a portrait is shocked when I say how much. Yet they will pay hundreds for a photo shoot of the kids or one where they have a makeover.. Hence why I keep it as a hobby. Out of interest where did you do the dru course?

Lee

Welcome from the West Midlands. It's great to have another uk artist on the forum. We have members from around the globe and we try to advise, encourage and help everyone who is here. I know what you mean about the airbrush not being that popular over here. Anyone who has asked me to paint a portrait is shocked when I say how much. Yet they will pay hundreds for a photo shoot of the kids or one where they have a makeover.. Hence why I keep it as a hobby. Out of interest where did you do the dru course?

Lee
Michael rose school of art near London, great artist and tattooist with a great art studio and teaching achool. Check him out. Yeah it's difficult with the airbrush in the UK and I'm kind of keeping the airbrush as a passion and hobby and trying to develop myself with the oils and find my style. I love art in all forms and I'll always have a passion for airbrush art

Lee
I'm in the west midlands also, I live in stourbridge!

Not too far away then. Yeh I know the school. Dru has been there a couple or three years now I think. Welcome once again. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Lee

Thank you for the kind words but I'm still learning myself. I'm more than happy to help anyone in anyway I can if needed so please feel free to ask or drop me a message on facebook
It would be great to learn more about your approach, how you paint... for example a SBS, when you find some time. I am sure this would make for a very interesting discussion.

Back