Just testing claybord out

beginner-James

Mac-Valve Maestro!
OK this is a little set to try and see more detail after the reference has been removed.

Substrate ampersand clayboard
colour of tracing paper for transfer water colour yellow
Paint Golden High flow trans reduced 2 water 3 trans base 4 paint

I want to try the water colour pencil but will it react with the paint.

colours I plan to use
Shading grey
Sepia
Senna
Yellow Orca
will the yellow water colour react with the above colours, Change the colour on contact with the yellow lines
I'm only testing as the graphite paper reacts with the shading grey turns green.

also how easy is the water colour pencil to erase ??

Beginner-James

thank you Ronald I have just tested the yellow pencil on paper not really happy with it very hard to erase also the paint didn't really cover it very well Umber was used

so It's back to graphite paper

Beginner-James

thank you Ronald I have just tested the yellow pencil on paper not really happy with it very hard to erase also the paint didn't really cover it very well Umber was used

so It's back to graphite paper

Beginner-James
Yellow pencil, oddly, can be a real pest to erase thoroughly. I've used them in sketching and outlining for pastels before. Paint overs are a challenge as well unless you're painting over with yellow. Watercolor pencil, you say?
Well, if you're going back to graphite paper, have you tried Saral papers? They have a sampler with pages of the different colors they offer (graphite, white, blue, red, and yellow;) ). I've used the graphite, white, and red and they work well. Easy to erase or lift with kneadable erasers and have had any paint issues with them.

Hellbird thank you for the great suggestion I will look in to the alternative you suggest. With the colour I intend to use what colour outline would you suggest

Beginner-James

With water color pencil I just erase with a wet cloth.
Its not going to come out of paper, idk about claybord but it works fine off terraslate, marker board and anything you've already got paint down on. Wetting the tips makes it easier to get it on there in the first place, otherwise doesn't like to go over paint or onto marker board.

found frisk on offer free delivery is frisk the same as saral ??

I have also ordered red Saral roll but I would preferer brown but brown is a colour not made Or I can't find brown
Beginner-James

Back