Just tried the coolest thing

Joe T

Mac-Valve Maestro!
So, getting back into the game and was playing around tonight with terraslate and CI. Scratches and erases great until the CI gets too dry. Was using a scrap piece of terraslate and dowel rod to scratch. Paint got too dry and I was ready to clean the AB and decided to spray a light mist of 4012 from the AB onto the too dry CI and low and behold I was able to scratch again easily on the terraslate. Hit it with some air to dry after I was done and it was once again hard. Dunno if hitting a dried area with a mist of 4012 would cause issues after the fact but the color and cure seemed normal.

Would be curious if anyone has done the same thing?

BTW. Felt sooooooo good painting again.

Joe

Yes you can reactivate wicked and CI by misting it with 4012 or 4020 but if your pressure is too high you will have a blown out area.
Another trick is to dip the dowel rod tip into the reducer that way you only activate where you want ot remove paint But I am so glad you are back to painting again .

That is a handy feature for sure. I hadn’t tried that myself, but it makes sense that it would work. Nice find Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can reactivate wicked and CI by misting it with 4012 or 4020 but if your pressure is too high you will have a blown out area.
Another trick is to dip the dowel rod tip into the reducer that way you only activate where you want ot remove paint But I am so glad you are back to painting again .

I like the dowel trick...gonna try it here shortly!

And...I’m also so glad I’m painting again!! Thanks Herb

Back