k2 products

D

DOA

I was going to post a video on using k2 clear products
but becasuse I am so new I am not allowed to post any videos.

has anyone use k2 slow drying products.

DOA

Hi DOA, I bought 2k clearcoat a few months ago. I haven't had a chance to use yet but it was recommended by a friend of mine who paints and airbrushes guitar bodies. If you are clearing a small project, this would do the way to do it and save you from using and cleaning a spray gun. The only disadvantage I heard is that once used, the shelf life is limited. Maybe someone else can expand on it.

Hi DOA, I bought 2k clearcoat a few months ago. I haven't had a chance to use yet but it was recommended by a friend of mine who paints and airbrushes guitar bodies. If you are clearing a small project, this would do the way to do it and save you from using and cleaning a spray gun. The only disadvantage I heard is that once used, the shelf life is limited. Maybe someone else can expand on it.

You do understand the shelf life is limited only after the components have been mixed, the shelf life of the remaining unmixed components will be unaffected, therefore the trick is to mix only what you need for your project.

And when using a spraycan with 2 k clear, wait till you have a few things to clear, otherwise you will have a lot waste material, since you mix them by pushing in a button in the bottom of the spraycan.

There is a video out on the k2 products .But because I am so new to this forum I am not allowed to post a link to the K2 video.
I under stand that once you mix it the self life is about 12.to 15 hrs max. and the fumes are deadly , with out the proper equipment.
I was more concerned about the finshed product on how it sticks or bubbles cracks peels etc etc etc.
DOA

Back