Karl Becker's long, strange trip

The barrel looks great, the grip could do with some finesse lol
I don’t know much about guns though so it could look exactly as it should for all I know :D

I haven’t had chance to paint much in the last few months so you’re not alone

I think both the handgun pics turned out very well. I like the wood-grain background on the first one. It could be a multitude of different brands but my guess is Ruger?

I really like the cat picture you painted. I think it's a great first piece. I lost my cat, also my best friend, a little over a year ago. I can relate to how you feel.

And regarding what Mr Micron said, perhaps you could do a painting of him every year. Not as a memorial but as a tribute to the friendship you shared.

I think both the handgun pics turned out very well. I like the wood-grain background on the first one. It could be a multitude of different brands but my guess is Ruger?

I really like the cat picture you painted. I think it's a great first piece. I lost my cat, also my best friend, a little over a year ago. I can relate to how you feel.

And regarding what Mr Micron said, perhaps you could do a painting of him every year. Not as a memorial but as a tribute to the friendship you shared.
Thank you!

You are correct. It's a Ruger GP100. I might try a 1911 next. I had fun with this one.

The barrel looks great, the grip could do with some finesse lol
I don’t know much about guns though so it could look exactly as it should for all I know :D

I haven’t had chance to paint much in the last few months so you’re not alone
Thanks Jackie! The grip is stippled black rubber. There isn't much to it.

I did a Dan Wesson .357 VH on a t-shirt many years ago. Turned out ok. I've a penchant for DWs.

Looking forward to the 1911:thumbsup:.

I've gone back to watch the spatter technique video you posted. I think it may come in handy in the near future;). Thank you for sharing it:thumbsup:.

A nice little Derringer would be good. In chrome would go well with the ones you've done so far.

Once you switch to blued steel I'd suggest something like Dirty Harry's .44. And/or a GI issue .45. Or a Walther P38 or PPK. Then there is the Luger too. I guess I should stop here.

But when you switch to long guns I have some more suggestions.

Not that I'm a gun guy.

Thank you! I do love the PPK, although I don't have one. I might have to fix that at some point. Curves in all the right places... :)

Somehow I have managed to miss this thread entirely. Good for you for starting it Karl and what a difference in your work so far. You’re coming along really well Buddy. Also got me thinking about starting my own log too. I have photos of all my old work which will surely amuse lol.

Back