For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

keep it real

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by ranhalen, May 19, 2012.

1. ranhalen

ranhalen Banned

just trting to keep it real, love air brushing, love art, love other artists work, not trying to offend anyone with my comments, i believe a littler critisim is good for the artists, or else you will never grow, old enough not to take things seriously, just trying to spread the love, with a little honesty, or hard love as some people would call it.:friendly_wink:
  2. RebelAir

RebelAir Air-Valve Autobot!

Critique at times can be hard for some to take m8, though realistically it does help improves ones skills..I love hearing others opinions on my work, even if it is negative or critiqued harshly as we all ultimately are learning, no matter what your level of experiance...But nothing wrong with some hard love and imo its what a good forums all about..Push each other to succeed :)
  3. ranhalen

ranhalen Banned

no doubt, i know some pics i posted on here look like crap, if i got a yes man round every corner, how am i gonna learn, with all due respect to all, no harm intended. laugh and share, in the end we all end up in the same place.:positive:
  4. Seamonkey

Seamonkey Air-Valve Autobot!

I agree guys, constructive criticism is a good thing. I have got it on here and it has made me wanna do better.... and i did next time around. I am a very competitive person and i like the challenge of trying to prove the critic wrong. In the end i really dont care what someone thinks of me but i do care what someone thinks of my art!
    There is a line though between constructive criticism and just being mean and rude! I think that the line between is only as thin or thick as your own skin!!! If you are sensitive to others, then the line is thin and feelings get hurt. I try to take it with a grain of salt, but sometimes it is hard when you have put so much time and heart into a piece and someone points out an error, but i guess its all in the mind of the person who receives the criticism. One thing is for sure i will keep painting no matter what the critics say!! Lol paint in my peeps!!
  5. ranhalen

ranhalen Banned

well said sea monkey
  6. 02baller

02baller Young Tutorling

Very well said Seamonkey. I don't mind a little fluff but hit me with what you see.
  7. justme

justme Gravity Guru

I agree with you if can't handle criticism than it will be hard for you to become better, so if you see something in my artworks that you might not like and in need of some improvement please let me know. I'd rather hear it from you than i hook up some biker boy from the local angels chapter with a fuzzy marshmallow skull LOL
  8. justme

justme Gravity Guru

Just found this one i think it hit the nail on his head. Foto-LCULP6KV.jpg
  9. ProperlyStained

ProperlyStained Young Tutorling

Good one justme... we all go through it.

I have noticed in here that it does get to be... all nice things to say, and I almost feel bad pointing out things that I see are wrong, artistically. That and I have limited experience with some things, and don't want to come across as a "know-it-all".

So, I'll just put it out there...if anyone see's something in my work, tell me. And if I happen to bring up something in your work, it's never meant to offend.

Good topic ran.
  10. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

I'm all for constructive critique on a piece of work, but I've noticed on other forums ( not here thankfully) that its often the member that is attacked, not the 'problem'.
    It often comes down to how thing are said, not what is said, and so far every thread I have seen where suggestions are made, they have been well worded and valid and haven't offended the original poster. So well done to everyone you've helped this forum be a comforting place for those of us that at creatively challenged :)
    There always going to be a time when a poster is in a bad headspace and takes everything as an attack, and you'll never know, so proof read your reply, put yourself in the artists shoes and see if you think it's helpful or sounds like an attack, sometimes changing a few words help change the tone of the written word. everyone has different styles and strengths that should be taken into account.
    Once I start practicing I will post all my tarantulas for all to see so you can have plenty of practice on your critiquing skills
  11. ranhalen

ranhalen Banned

i think the people on here are pretty good, and are really interested and love what they do, due to the overall purpose of this site and its instructor, it is a great site, and a great teacher, who does not have to do this, but does. it should be respected and everyone treated with respect, after all we all started with crayons
  12. Stranger375

Stranger375 Young Tutorling

Im with everyone else, a good constructive critic is what you need to improve. I also seen on other forums where comments were like omg that looks crap, you better go and practice
    some more before you post another piece , thats not very constructive and helpful lol. I also like this forum best of all the airbrush forums i visited, cause the people are all nice here and
    know that everyone has to start somewhere in airbrushing.
  13. ranhalen

ranhalen Banned

well it all up to the airbrush tutor, it is his web site and he is the man, he is a great teacher, and has a great sense of humor, thanks to him this is all here and we cannot forget that,it is really no big deal we all know what we need to correct on our work, it just a little better when someone else tells us. well anyway this is a great site with a great host, i cant complain, i am just thakful that i can share with other artists, and friends, really we owe a great thanks to at, i dont know if he is making money, but he is great, who doesnt, but the best regards to all on here, i really enjoy this site and feel rite at home, damn i think im on here more than i airbrush, lol. no harm intended, spread the love as our tutor has intended.
  14. ProperlyStained

ProperlyStained Young Tutorling

I know I have days when I'm definitely here more than at my easel, lol.