Keeping glue off project

D

Daniel D

Okay, I'm i ask a lt of questions. But this is the fourth time I had to restart this project and it's very frustrating. I want to give up. I had everything going perfectly. But I take off my vinyl adhesive sheet, which is my stencil and all this glue and excrement gets left behind.

Do u need to dab it in my pants a few times???

Also, I have white pearl paint. And it does not seem to be drying. Is always tacky. Just the pearl white. Not sure why. Any help is appreciated

I can feel your frustration. I'm now on my 4-5th(who's counting anymore) try on a portrait. I just can't accept mistakes. I've no solution to your problem tho, sorry. Never give up!

Try detacing on your clothes a couple of times before you use your vinyl

I'm guessing the problem here is he is using lettering grade vynil instead of masking vynil, need to stick that to a dog a few times like what I did

Hi, Daniel.
Is this white pearl stuff "paint?" or is it ink?
If it's suspect, pitch it.
As for the glue, get to your nearest chemist store or drug store and ask for adhesive remover pads/wipes.
Should be common enough, but these'll get any remnants of the adhesive or whatever other stuff is sticking to ya, but try it out first on someplace you aint gonna notice it too much or in a spot you can repair easy.
As for " dab it in my pants a few times??? " , I have a large piece of old flanellette shirt [ you know, the fluffy winter things ] that I use
to de-tack adhesive anything.
This helps make sure that when I go to put it on, if'n it aint in the right place first time, I gets to move it an' not wreck my work.
If you feel like giving up on this one, put the work aside for a while, do somethin else you enjoy and come back to it later.
Inspiration is a real mongrel sometimes, and it helps to "freshen up " your eyes a bit.
A new view can often be better than the original. - I'm doing that now with one I started "last year" lol:D!

I'm guessing the problem here is he is using lettering grade vynil instead of masking vynil, need to stick that to a dog a few times like what I did
MB - If'n you don't have a dog handy, will your neigbour's cat do? Lmao!

So frustrating. Starting over YET AGAIN. IDabbed the stencil on my clothes. Some letters didn't stick to the surface. So I go to remove the other letters and a lot of glue again. I give up for a day or two. It's beyond frustrating.

I am using createx paint too, so I'm not sure I could wipe anything off.

Back