Kia ora team

jakessofa

Double Actioner
Kia ora people,

had a Paasche talon for a while but never really used it, and with a pretty basic compressor (looking to replace with a 3L tank compressor). Into tabletop gaming over the years, but i'm the sloooooooowest painter, so decided I needed an airbrush to help speed along some of the process.
After a major surgery a few months ago (yay 2020) and the meds I have to now have ruled out any combat or contact sports I use to do, I have a lot more free time, especially as I won't be back to work till the new year.

Had been having some issues with the Paasche trigger feeling a little tight, but after reading a few of the threads here it seems to be related to the tension of the spring. Have also used some 1200 grit to smooth the metal a little, but it really doesn't take much tension to cause some stickiness on the trigger.

going to give it another go, but it looks like the Paasche can be a bit of a dud, so I'll be saving up for an Infinity or H&S

Welcome!

I'm not familiar with Paasche brushes, but on most brands you can adjust the fitting that holds the needle seal in. If that fitting is too tight, it will cause the seal to grip the needle to tightly, causing the trigger to feel heavy. Just a thought.

Welcome Home .
Usually it is the needle seal that is the seal that keeps the paint from going in the trigger area being to tight. You only want to feel a slight drag on the needle as it slides in .

thanks peeps,

I initially thought it might be the needle seal, but sticky judder seems to be only the vertical pressure/release and not the needle sliding.
Deceasing the pressure from the spring of the rocker assembly improves the sticking judder.
I thought maybe the air valve assembly was part of the issue, but some airbrush lube has that moving well.

not really sure what else to do other than fine sand the parts and add some lube there

The only vertical movement is the air valve plunger. There isn't much you can sand that would matter. You can adjust the air valve spring tension on some brushes. Not sure about the Paasche. It would be on the bottom of the valve.

The only vertical movement is the air valve plunger. There isn't much you can sand that would matter. You can adjust the air valve spring tension on some brushes. Not sure about the Paasche. It would be on the bottom of the valve.
thanks mate,

Yeah I thought thats what it was, but without the rocker assembly pressing on it, the vertical movement is fine, as I wind up the spring housing and more pressure is added from the rocker assembly, this seems to add more judder.
But yeah there is an allen key placement for unwinding the air valve so I might have to have a squiz in there

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here. Looks like the team are already on the case to solve your issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back