Killer Custom Micron Deal for Australian and NZ residents

S

Southern Airbrush

Greetings Everyone,

Iwata pricing has been a fairly discussed topic lately, especially in regards to price variations, price matching and shipping outside a retailers assigned country.
This is an ongoing well discussed subject amongst airbrush forums, social media and our customers.

It is the policy of Iwata that a retailer is not permitted to ship outside their own country; a policy which has been clarified on forums lately.
With this in mind, we would like to our part to support Australian Airbrush Artists and Australian Airbrush Industry.

This is difficult as Iwata sets different wholesale and retail prices for Australia.

As an authorized and legitimate Iwata dealer for Australia and New Zealand, we would like to do our part to support the artists and present a very special offer to the residents of the aforementioned countries.
This is genuine Australian Stock from the Australian distributor, shipped from Australia with full Australian Warranty

We are offering the Custom MICRON series at the lowest price ever offered in Australia. We cannot sell at or below cost. So we are selling Custom Microns with just $1 margin!!

Custom Micron C, SB or B: Only $413.50 (+GST)
Custom Micron C Plus: Only $441.00 (+ GST)

To grab one just go tothe Iwata page under Airbrushes at SouthernAirbrush dot com dot au on the world wide web :)

My answer to Iwata would be simply, "You don't tell me what I must pay, I tell you what I want to pay and if I have to pay more you keep it and I buy Badger"

I do not believe for one minute that Iwata airbrushes are so good and and precise that no other airbrush can do what they do, certainly not enough to justify the fact that they cost 3 times more than a similar airbrush from an other manufacturer.

If the whole world took the same stance as me, you would be shocked and amazed how quickly the prices would drop, Iwata get away with their dominant approach simply because people accept it, not this guy.

I use the same airbrush shop and art shop for all my supplies and I get discounts amounting to sometimes 40% but I'm guaranteed 25% at least, it depends on what I buy, but I get these discounts because I ask for them, I see other customers grabbing a piece of photo card which I use for making stencils, they pay €1-10 for an A2 sheet without question, I pay 65 cents buying a minimum of twenty sheets because I do question it.

Steel is steel and brass is brass, until Iwata understand this and their prices are in line with other manufacturers, I will simply never own one, even with a massive dollar discount, when some one wants me to carry their name and advertise their goods, they pay me. I can buy the H&S Infinity and the the badger krome for less than than a Micron.

This not attack on you personally, but Iwata can only rule the world if you let them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madbrush, you can say that about anything. Cars for instance. I don't see why a Mercedes need to cost so much more then a Nissan. A matter of fact, I don't see why any car that comes out of a mass produced factory need to be the price it is. My cheap Renault came with aircon, central locking, ABS, airbags and power steering and it is less then half the price of a Toyota with the same specs.

I see your point loud and clear and I'm not stirring. So I thank companies like Southern airbrush that try and make it easier for us.

Madbrush, you can say that about anything. Cars for instance. I don't see why a Mercedes need to cost so much more then a Nissan. A matter of fact, I don't see why any car that comes out of a mass produced factory need to be the price it is. My cheap Renault came with aircon, central locking, ABS, airbags and power steering and it is less then half the price of a Toyota with the same specs.

I see your point loud and clear and I'm not stirring. So I thank companies like Southern airbrush that try and make it easier for us.

That was exactly my point, these guys are trying to do their best for the consumer but are somewhat restricted by Iwata's dominant approach

That was exactly my point, these guys are trying to do their best for the consumer but are somewhat restricted by Iwata's dominant approach

We are totally Southern Airbrush's thread. Madbrush, here in South Africa you can not even ask for a discount on a Toyota. They just say to you "If you want it, you need to pay for it." Even BMW gives below prime interest rates. But I guess they already inflated the price to compensate for the "loss".

Back to Southern Airbrush. I wish we could get some companies that are willing to bend over backward for their clients. :applouse:

We are totally Southern Airbrush's thread. Madbrush, here in South Africa you can not even ask for a discount on a Toyota. They just say to you "If you want it, you need to pay for it." Even BMW gives below prime interest rates. But I guess they already inflated the price to compensate for the "loss".

Back to Southern Airbrush. I wish we could get some companies that are willing to bend over backward for their clients. :applouse:

Most companies are willing to bend over backwards, just like Ken from Badger who does his best to keep badger owners throwing it on, I actually wish I had bought a Badger in the first place, I reckon I would have had a lot less problems along the way, from what I have seen here on the forum with Badger it's all about keeping people happy, but with Iwata it's about the money and nothing else.

I think it is ridiculous in this day and age that Southern Airbrush have to justify themselves because of the pig headed money grabbing stance of Iwata, I feel sure that they would offer the 40% discounts you see in America if only they were allowed to.

My own airbrush suppliers are also restricted to what they can offer in terms of discounts, but they make up for it by offering discounts on other stuff and even the occasional freebie.

But like I said If everyone at once refused to buy Iwata or the shops refused to stock them, Iwata would instantly turn around and the prices come come in line or even undercut the other makes, one of my suppliers refuses to stock H&S airbrushes and parts because they believe that they are also overpriced, but with an Infinity at less half the price of a Micron, I'm not so sure I agree.

LOL interesting chat..Unfortuantly we live to close down here in Aus to the antartic so its hard to get good deals..Our airbrushing community is growing daily but compared to other countrys very few shipping containers full of airbrushing products comes into our docks so we do pay the price penalty and its understandable to a point why certain company's have to set pricing points, after all they are in it to ultimately make a buck. Its great to see re-sellers trying to pass on product at low profit to them to assist the airbrushing community here..

On where the threads gone..I do agree with what ya saying Madbrush, it really does come down to a world of consumers paying what there asked to pay..A lot of it revolves around hype and one thing I have noticed over the years that people tend to be happy paying more for a product because they believe the higher pricing must make it better, ultimately their purchasing confidence in a product and I think that for some that's worth the extra dollars....Others may believe its the artist that makes the gun and not the gun that makes the artist and that they can surely save a few bucks by shopping around or going other alternatives and produce just as good work and as a side bonus have more left over money for alcohol....:)

The main point is its ultimately about choice and as we are all individuals so are our choices, I dn't have a huge issue with Iwatwa charging what they do and as a company ultimately that's there choice LOL..I choose to use other alternatives, or should I say my wallet does the choosing, but heck if I had a million dollars I'd buy one no matter the cost..Just in case it is that good LOL ..:)

Last edited:
Back