Krome 2 in 1

Strictly Attitude

Air-Valve Autobot!
I have got my krome 2 in1 so I opened up looking it over anyone who has one can answer a question for me it came with the ultra fine spray regulator w/ protective arm part rk-058 but no rk-042 which is the regulator with out the arms and it came with the fine spray regulator rk-046 but no fine spray regulator w/protective arm rk-059. Is this correct or should I have both styles of each regulator seems odd my velocity came with both and prefer with out the arms.

I just received my Krome also and i think it is correct. When i opened it it was already setup with the R-059 and in the other little plastic tube i found the R-046 for the fine setup.
Does it need to come with the R-058 and R-042? I don't know but my guess is that the diagram in the package is a standard one for the renegade series and it might be for the Rage or Velocity which uses another model no for the regulators.

How do you feel with the Krome? How is the needle tightness through the packing?

Just played with it love it has great response but hate the regulator with the protector (personal preference) the trigger response is great my packing was not over tight super detail. I had some tip dry used createx illustration paint white hard to pick off with the protective regulator gonna throw it back in it's case for now till I get the other regulator. Wish I knew that before I ordered I would have ordered the part at the same time.

Last edited:
wow how help full is this forum even though i have a velocity and an infinity i am drawn to get a krome i want to send my velocity back to badger for a check up when i slide the needle through w/o packing it feels gritty liker somethings wrong and no mater what i do with the packing i still get paint behind the packing even with a new seal so my point is i to dont like the protective cap so if i order a krome i will order the proper regulator there seems to be a krome thing going its got to be a great little gun for the money.
another reason to like the infinity (dont like the cap! take it off)

wow how help full is this forum even though i have a velocity and an infinity i am drawn to get a krome i want to send my velocity back to badger for a check up when i slide the needle through w/o packing it feels gritty liker somethings wrong and no mater what i do with the packing i still get paint behind the packing even with a new seal so my point is i to dont like the protective cap so if i order a krome i will order the proper regulator there seems to be a krome thing going its got to be a great little gun for the money.
another reason to like the infinity (dont like the cap! take it off)

I have the infinity also you will not be dissapointed with the krome from what I can tell from th little use I had with it tonight but I own allot of ABs and see this being one of my favorites just wondering if they have that regulator in chrome or only in black like it is on the velocity. I would definately send it back to get that fixed the velocity is great AB and the krome in my opinion is better. Definately bang for the buck.

Mine only came with the 2 regulators too. But my intent was to just use the super fine needle anyway and i beleave that with the mix up that they had i ended up with the super fine regulator anyway(without the prongs). Ya may wanna try it out.

No they got it right checked the hole size on the two regulators and the one with out the prongs is definately larger

True! The regulator without the prongs is larger and for the fine setup. The regulator with the prongs has a smaller hole and intended for the super fine setup..as it needs more protection.

We only put the unprotected Fine in the 2 in 1 set. Not both - sorry. We want to get a finite detail airbrush on the market at an msrp under $200.00. If we put both regs in for the F, we felt we'd have to logically put the unprotected Ultra-Fine regulator in as well - and all those extras would prohibit us from accomplishing our msrp goal. sorry again.

No problem Ken I understand that it's not that big of a deal. I'm not gonna complain about the fact it's not in there just wish there was a discription of the parts when I bought it. I would have ordered the part with it. Enough on that hope you and your family had a good holiday Ken and thanks for verifying that it was correct.

Back