Krome, do you actually change the needles

beanpoleuk

Air-Valve Autobot!
Do you Krome users actually swap out the needles or is it too much hassle. I know it is a selling point the fact you can get a 0.2 and 0.3 capability but wondered if people actually change the needles or just leave it setup as 0.2 for detail work and use another brush when fine detail is not required.

Tbh I have a velocity with the same needles and I use the 0.21 for everything.....I don't have another brush..probably should use the other needle but so fart I have just found I don't need to?

Tbh I have a velocity with the same needles and I use the 0.21 for everything.....I don't have another brush..probably should use the other needle but so fart I have just found I don't need to?

Hey bro, are you using auto-fill when you're typing this message - '...so fart i have just found I don't need to...' :)

I have the same question too. I wanted to buy the Superfine setup for the Krome but I could not find a different needle for it. They only have the superfine tip and regulator but not the needle. Can I use the fine needle for the superfine nozzle?

I have yet to switch mine but that is because I have more than one airbrush and if I need a .35 than I grab my cs.

Hey bro, are you using auto-fill when you're typing this message - '...so fart i have just found I don't need to...' :)

I have the same question too. I wanted to buy the Superfine setup for the Krome but I could not find a different needle for it. They only have the superfine tip and regulator but not the needle. Can I use the fine needle for the superfine nozzle?
Haha damn autocorrect!

ever scince i got the micron and etac no need so fart to switch needles stick with the super fine not much diferance any way plus you risk damaging needles and loosing that super duper teeny tiny nozzle i now have a micron and even with the velocity with etac so fart i havent had to take apart one brush except to lube porpoises

Looks like my decision is made.. I will go for the Krome , and leave it setup with the 0.21, (never used anything that small yet ), then if I bend or damage the needle I can at least pop in the larger needle until a replacement arrives..

I have a Krome too . Never changed the needle. Until I get my new one in the mail, bent the needle recently. I too have other brushes with other needle sizes though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I leave in the .3 for standard practice drills and most of a painting. Once I get to the end of the painting where I need the real fine details, I switch to the .2. I am afraid of bending my .2, so I don't use it until I need it. Probably just me, but thats what I do.

cant have to many air brushes i like using all at once when im doing fast work one brush for white one for black and so on all with quick disconects

The needle is the same needle for both setups. Just change the nozzle and regulator and its a whole new brush. The nozzles are cut to fit the same needle and that's how you can still pull some great detail with the larger set up as well as a wider spray. Sorry so late on this one guys!!!
Bean..... Good choice, go with the Krome you will love it ;)

Josh
"Sometimes you have to let one slip......just to remind people your $#!+ really does stink ;)

Last edited:
Back