Krome just arrived

B

btreize

So my long awaited Krome arrived today. Thanks Ken for this as there was none in stock at Coast and he shipped one directly for me. It was a replacement for a faulty Talon i had and that i didn't want to see again..so i got Badger :)
First impression is that the brush is more heavy than my Neo but balance is better when painting. The finger rest is a very nice features and guarantee a long time painting without straining on the finger.
Trigger control is a everyone else who tried the Krome said! It is smooth like a hot knife in butter with both press for air and rocking back for paint.
Only thing is that the needle is a bit on the tight side and makes return to nozzle sealing delayed when i push forward to stop paint. Don't want to mess with the needle packing and i lube the parts a bit. will give it a try.
Can anyone who has the Krome post a closeup photo of the head assembly where the tiny nozzle sits. Mine has a bell like curve and i guess this is normal to accommodate the shape of the nozzle itself. No leak anyway and i did not over tightened it too.
This is a very nice brush and require much care if you want it to serve you for a long time. I might purchase the needles just in case i damage them during paintings as they are exposed, specially the fine .3 one.
Besides my ignorance on the needle tightness and the head assemble shape, i a a proud owner of a Badger Renegade Krome and do not regret the long time waiting for it to come.
Thanks again Ken..count me among your faithful customers.

B

Hi Don, how could i forget your review on the krome and i based my decision on buying if after reading yours on it..
I guess that now the needle returning issue has to do with the packing being a bit too tight..might try to loosen it a .5mm to see if it helps or just use it till it loosen by itself.
Thanks again for confirming Don.
B

Back