Krome / renegade issues

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
I didnt bother ordering a new shiny toy for Christmas because im not painting til florida. but i did manage to order a brnd new needle nozzle and hold down ring and horn less regulator for the rennegade series and if the Nazi leaves the house tomorow or tonight i plan to see if i can tweak my krome to work better thain new theres a couple of things i want to experiment with including sealing the nozzle to the body with a wee drop of epoxy using a loop polishing the needle to . but theres that issue i see all the time about bubbles by the trigger its only while spraying so its not the valve leaking unles its leaking while spraying. I also dont belive they are coming from the front of the needle bearing if they were thain the gun would not be working properly . the krome works flawlesly and the velocity the same although the nozzle and needle on the velocity are not as good. the bubbles dont seem to efect performance and i should say its only when i spray a bit of water in the trigger area that i notice it. iv got into the habit of rinsing my gun in the sink to clean it instead of squirting water to clean oit out and its the residual water thats bubbling. just curious if any one knows why this is hapening

ha ha they sent me 3 hold down rings by accident wish they shiped 3 nozzles or needles instead to bad i didnt order a krome maybe theyd sent 3 lol

the krome works flawlesly and the velocity the same although the nozzle and needle on the velocity are not as good.

ABF....the Krome and Velocity both use the same needle and nozzle so I would tend to think another problem is causing your issue. If the bubbles were in the paint cup the issue would likely be from nozzle, but bubbles in the trigger as you describe is seems to be more likely to be the nylon needle bearing worn or in need of adjustment....Badger will repair/replace it for life.

I didnt bother ordering a new shiny toy for Christmas because im not painting til florida. but i did manage to order a brnd new needle nozzle and hold down ring and horn less regulator for the rennegade series and if the Nazi leaves the house tomorow or tonight i plan to see if i can tweak my krome to work better thain new theres a couple of things i want to experiment with including sealing the nozzle to the body with a wee drop of epoxy using a loop polishing the needle to . but theres that issue i see all the time about bubbles by the trigger its only while spraying so its not the valve leaking unles its leaking while spraying. I also dont belive they are coming from the front of the needle bearing if they were thain the gun would not be working properly . the krome works flawlesly and the velocity the same although the nozzle and needle on the velocity are not as good. the bubbles dont seem to efect performance and i should say its only when i spray a bit of water in the trigger area that i notice it. iv got into the habit of rinsing my gun in the sink to clean it instead of squirting water to clean oit out and its the residual water thats bubbling. just curious if any one knows why this is hapening

You plan on gluing your nozzle in the body to stop a leak? Definitely would never attempt that with any of my brushes.

no not to stop a leak just wanted a better seal i just want to know where the air is coming from needle bearing or air valve the most important sals on an airbrush are the nozzle and needle bearing when you have a screw in nozzle you use wax to seal the nozzle like on a micron or badger 100 or 150 series air brush the needle bearing if its a bad seal wil caus pulsing which is a broken line or when you spray a line and get spaces that is most likely a leak from the needle nbearing bubles in the cup are most likely caused by a cloged nozzle that is not the issue and the fluiod that is bubl ing is left over watter from rinsing the gun or water sprayed into the slot the trigger comes out of if i didnt put the water there you would never know there was air leaking from some where . other thain that the air brush works flawlesly the only thiung i mentioned about the nozzle was i would like to experiment with a better seal Thain the metal to metal seal its an experiment even a bit of wax .. warning dont try this at home and dont try it with out using a good loop that you can see close up and clear ... the next time my landlord goes out for a while and leaves me alone i will do a short video but i cant do anything now

badger krome nozzle.jpg so this is an up close shot of the badger krome nozzle like ai said there's no problem with performance and i have a strong mechanical back ground i am just thinking of a way to better seal the nozzle w/o hindering performance (im not expecting to many relies tonight being its Christmas eve and im probably one of a wee handful of people on the forum not celebrating Christmas. Almost forgot i uded a pos galaxy4 @4x mag through my loop to get the shot

Last edited:
Im here Ferret, waiting for the dinner to cook. I have just put my micron nozzle and needle in. just used the tinyest touch of wax on the nozzle. That should be all thats needed for a good seal. Be careful with the epoxy, there may be no going back..

Lee

I think I saw a post where Dave from coast recommends melting beeswax as a seal. But hat was for the threads on an Iwata. Might be an option and less possible damage than epoxy. Even if you don't melt it a dab should seal it better once the hold down ring is tightened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I replaced the nozzle on my Micron I just used chapstick on the threads. I don't want anything more permanent then that.

Andre, I think that melted beeswax method was more if you are having sealing issues, he explained somewhere that after so many times removing a nozzle that the threads can become worn and not seal as well.

Andre, I think that melted beeswax method was more if you are having sealing issues, he explained somewhere that after so many times removing a nozzle that the threads can become worn and not seal as well.

He is also talking about using epoxy, on a brush that works "flawlessly", in attempts to make it work more perfect than perfect. :-O

I agree, epoxying it is a bit drastic even for me lol. The best course of action would be if it is new always go back to supplier / manufacturer in my opinion.

i think im still not being understood totally i spoke to a very well known person in the airbrush industry about microns badgers and infinities and was told one reason why the micron works so well is the suction is so good that paint does not get a chance to hang around on the needle and nozzle tip. It was also compared to an infinity and he commented that it would probably work better Thain it does if it had a rubber o ring instead of that Teflon o ring (rubber) will give a much better seal as for the nozzle on my perfectly working krome all i am saying is applying something to give the nozzle a better seal . this is a forum to discus pair brushes and techniques and all i am saying is i am experimenting with improving on the krome thats it theirs nothing wrong with it i don't need to send it back to badger just trying different things to make it work better but i think thats on hold being i cant even turn on my compressor .im not talking about drowning the front end of my krome in a glob of messy epoxy and ruining it

Back