leaky nozzle

K

kustom krome

Hey guys I have a problem and its bugging me my lovely mother purchased me a lovely badger krome from eBay. problem was she didn't realise it was a second hand one bless her she did good but my problem is a constant flow of paint coming from the nozzle It's a .2 set up brand new needle and nozzle but still happens I'm spraying between 35 45 psi using aa paint reduced 5-1 also if I squeeze my fingers over the tip I get small bubbles coming up into my paint with no pull on the trigger. Please note I have thoroughly cleaned needle ,nozzle, fluid passages if any of you could help me with your kind words I would be really happy

Sounds like the air cap could be leaking at the seal, damaged nozzle or front end. Start by taking it apart and examining everything. This is the problem with buying used airbrushes. People sometimes sell them because they damaged them and don't have the experience to fix it so they sell it off to some chump.

Like me lol that's cool I think I'm going to invest in a magnifying glass to have a good look then iv stripped it so many times now I can do it with my eyes closed its a shame tho as my mother thought it was brand new as it was for the same price as a new one thanks for your help :)

Yeah ill give that a go I'm thinking that whoever owned it first used a tiny flat blade screwdriver to clean it! I just hope that they haven't scratched where the nozzle sits in

Bubble in the cup means there is probably a bad seal where the nozzle seats in the body. The hold down ring may not be tight enough. Are you sure you have the right cap and needle set in? The wrong combination of nozzle/air cap could cause similar problems also. Did it come with both sets?

I'm currently looking at it now threw a magnifier all looks to be ok I have just given the nozzle seat a good clean with solvents and a cotton bud would a bit of petroleum jelly be ok to pop around the nozzle where it sits in?

Oh and jagardn I'm using the .2 needle and nozzle with the cap without the horns to protect the needle can't pick it with the horns :) lol I have filed the horns off 1 but still hard to pick it so gone back to the pointed one

I wouldn't use petroleum jelly. Risk of contaminating your airbrush if it gets inside. Shouldn't be a need to lube the nozzle

You might also have a leaking air valve ? might have something stuck in there letting air thru to the tip

When you say leaking air valve do you mean the air cap or the valve under the trigger as the one under the trigger is leaking a tiny bit but didn't think that would bother much at the tip. I'm going to replace the valve and the air cap just to be on the safe side

When you say leaking air valve do you mean the air cap or the valve under the trigger as the one under the trigger is leaking a tiny bit but didn't think that would bother much at the tip. I'm going to replace the valve and the air cap just to be on the safe side

Back