Less airflow....

bogie

Double Actioner
One of my VL airbrushes doesn't have near the airflow as all the others. It is significantly lower, I have taken everything apart and inspected the needle bushing, there are no o rings to get squished in the quick disconnect, and of course a thorough cleaned has been done several times.

I am at a loss as to what is causing this. Anyone have any ideas or had a similar problem?

I had something similar recently on my iwata revolution, taking off my quick connect at the hose and then putting it all back together, barely finger tight. Seemed to fix my issue. Idk what exactly it was since none of the o rings looked like they had an issue. Im assuming mine might have slightly swelled

Because Paasche has been making some of the same models for close to 100 years, thee has been several (if not more) revisions to the manufacturing processes involved in making each part. Because of this, sometimes some parts don't play together as well as some other combinations may. I had an older Model V that I really wanted to convert to a #1 set up, as it came with a non-specified oldy. None of the modern nozzle caps i tried on the head base would work with a #1 nozzle. They would close off air flow altogether if I screwed them on all the way. #2's worked fine. I finally found some new/old stock #1 parts from the early 1970's and they worked a charm on the V set up. I found the depth inside of the nozzle cap was a few hundredths deeper on the inside of the old parts s compared to the more modern parts - allowing for perfect air flow.

Try switching the head assemblies as complete assemblies (including nozzles) from one brush to the other, and see if the issue follows the parts.

Because Paasche has been making some of the same models for close to 100 years, thee has been several (if not more) revisions to the manufacturing processes involved in making each part. Because of this, sometimes some parts don't play together as well as some other combinations may. I had an older Model V that I really wanted to convert to a #1 set up, as it came with a non-specified oldy. None of the modern nozzle caps i tried on the head base would work with a #1 nozzle. They would close off air flow altogether if I screwed them on all the way. #2's worked fine. I finally found some new/old stock #1 parts from the early 1970's and they worked a charm on the V set up. I found the depth inside of the nozzle cap was a few hundredths deeper on the inside of the old parts s compared to the more modern parts - allowing for perfect air flow.

Try switching the head assemblies as complete assemblies (including nozzles) from one brush to the other, and see if the issue follows the parts.
I did try a different head and it solved my problem. However all of my paasches and spare parts were bought a couple years ago at the same time, Im guessing the head is clogged a bit....thank you for the information!!!

Back