Less PSI more tip dry?

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Or is it just me? Looks like I get more tip dry if I use less PSI. If I use less PSI and pull trigger more then just small amount I get less tip dry, then if I pull trigger just a little. To me it looks like I get more tip dry if I push less air. Sooooooooo, less PSI more tip dry? :)

Usually if you are using low psi you use reducer with the paint. I get more tip dry the more I reduce the paint.
White (Createx illustration) dries almost instantly regardless of psi/reduction

Usually if you are using low psi you use reducer with the paint. I get more tip dry the more I reduce the paint.
White (Createx illustration) dries almost instantly regardless of psi/reduction
I had issues with wicked white...

I’m still working to figure this out too. White is always tough to work with. I find super reduced at low psi works ok with white, but that would be around 70% reducer and 30% paint, give it take a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never use any createx products but I have to agree with white being a dry tip problem colour .
I only use low pressure and hardly ever reduce my etac paints but I do reduce white with a little water to gain a bit more controle but it wont reduce the dry tip

White ? ain't the paper white ? I rarely use white

But only in whites do I really notice tip dry being more of a pain.But I am in the habit that I clean the tip after every few passes anyway no matter what PSI I am shooting with.

White ? ain't the paper white ? I rarely use white

But only in whites do I really notice tip dry being more of a pain.But I am in the habit that I clean the tip after every few passes anyway no matter what PSI I am shooting with.
I use white on black backgrounds

Back