lesson learned for today...paint thinner

B

BUGSYMONTANA

was in a rush to get back home i went to pepboys and bout dupont's OIL BASED paint thinner... er ummm yeah oil based thinner and spectra water based paint dont mix ((DUUUH!!!! DEEE DE DEE!!)) CANT DO NOTHING BUT LAUGH AT MYSELF but with every mistake comes expierence

LOL well I guess lesson learned ,
Next time just use alcohol,water and a couple of drops of glycerin makes for a nice home brew for almost any waterbased paint.

What's glycerin and where do you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's glycerin and where do you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'
Glycerin is a waterbased lube it helps with the flow of the paint. you can pick it up in and drug sections of most major stores.
But you add only 1 drop per ounce of total liquid . so 8 drops in a 8 ounce bottle.
But if you want the big worded def of it here it is Glycerol (or glycerine, glycerin) is a simple polyol compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations. Glycerol has three hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature. The glycerol backbone is central to all lipids known as triglycerides. Glycerol is sweet-tasting and of low toxicity.

For any UK readers this can be found in Boots in the Cough syrup section, don't ask why I don't know.

Back