lighting problems i guess

R

ranhalen

when i use light colors on light paper , i am having trouble seeing them until i overspray, what is the best lighting for seeing lighter colors on white paper, is it possible that too much light could be bad, due to the glare of light reflecting of the white support, thanks for your help

Well light colors are always going to be hard to see on white. They need a contrast in order to see them so maybe starting with a darker background might help u out or start with the darker colors working toward the lighter colors to give it contrast.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Tricky one? Maybe change the position of your lighting, or if you haven't got it already switch to a daylight bulb. Or maybe work over a lightbox to see if the colour shows more. Don't know if these will work, just thinking out loud. Let us know if you solve that one!

thanks guys, your input is well appreciated, thanks for taking the time to help with the problem

I have the same problem, and I tend to put to much then have to spend more time fixing it. Drives me nuts, especially starting out the piece.
Nice work, great job !!

Josh

I use full spectrum it works good but not if your blind drunk from moonshine. LOL I have been meaning to buy a ottlite the floor model with the magnifine glass and the clip. Just haven't heard any thing on them yet

I will try this!! Never would have thought it. Polarized??
Nice work, great job!! Lol!!

Josh
The guy to taught me this just said sunglasses. I have used HD UV ones but mix your colors with out them on .. Or else you may get some real funky results.

The guy to taught me this just said sunglasses. I have used HD UV ones but mix your colors with out them on .. Or else you may get some real funky results.

Lmao, got ya;) I figured polarized would be good since it takes reflection out. I have a old pair of Oakley glasses I'll try and a regular pair and see if there is a difference and let y'all know!!

Josh

Polarization only works if you have a filter in front of the bulb that directs the rays from the light in a straight line towards your subject. If you have a regular light with out the filter polarizing sunglasses will not remove glare. I learned this working in a photo darkroom where I did a lot of copy work. If you are painting in sunlight the glare will go away assuming you are at the right angle to it because the sun's rays are coming at us from one direction. This is why camera polarizing filters are adjustable and why your polarizing sunglasses do not polarize all of the time. More than you wanted to know right?

sunglasses im gonna have try that, i think it will work, thanks mircon, rhinstone or cheap sunglasses?

Great thread, Im definitely going to try the sunglasses!!! I could see how this would help!

sunglasses im gonna have try that, i think it will work, thanks mircon, rhinstone or cheap sunglasses?

Well ZZ tops cheap sunglasses .. I learn this years and years ago from my old art teacher, He was teaching use how to use off whites to make a picture and we all looked cool back in the 70's with our shades on. But it does give you a different tone to the paper and make it easier to see.

Well ZZ tops cheap sunglasses .. I learn this years and years ago from my old art teacher, He was teaching use how to use off whites to make a picture and we all looked cool back in the 70's with our shades on. But it does give you a different tone to the paper and make it easier to see.

i was thinking bout the yellow tinted sunglass, the kind that make everything look brighter,

i was thinking bout the yellow tinted sunglass, the kind that make everything look brighter,

I think they call them HD and i bought a pair at the dollar tree for a dollar
:D But give them a go if you got them.

I have some yellow shootin glasses I will try!!! I gotta get some time with the airbrush, between mother nature throwing bugs my way and the damn west nile virus, I havent airbrushed in a while!!! Didnt even think about my shootin glasses but I'll catch hell from my boys airbrushing with them on, lol.

Guess I could tell them Im still shootin, its just with a different type of gun, haha

I have some yellow shootin glasses I will try!!! I gotta get some time with the airbrush, between mother nature throwing bugs my way and the damn west nile virus, I havent airbrushed in a while!!! Didnt even think about my shootin glasses but I'll catch hell from my boys airbrushing with them on, lol.

Guess I could tell them Im still shootin, its just with a different type of gun, haha
its ok russ, just make sure you have a pair of polyster pants on with a 7 inch palstic comb sticking out of your back pocket, and dont forget the butterfly collar, and lee press on hair for your chest, im sure the wife will dig it and the lads will idolize you, it not you lattitude, its your attitude, now slap me some skin and gets us a cold busch.

Costa del mar and Oakley sunglasses do not do anything..... Repeat they do nothing but make look like a white Ray Charles!!!

Josh

Back