liquid acrylics and watercolour paint

D

danair58

I have ordered a new airbrush and happily await my experiences with the new art tool after a 25 year layoff. I know airbrush paints have come a long way and have in fact been given some Createx paints for xmas. I realize experimentation is important and necessary, but wondering from the wealth of experience on this board, if anyone can discuss there experiences with liquid acrylics, or tube, and or watercolour paint. Any tips or advice greatly appreciated. I am hoping to employ the airbrush with acrylics in landscapes (acrylic) for some real soft gradations for clouds and water, etc. I find hairy brushes are not cutting it for the really hyper real look I am gunning for. Thanks

you can use them, they just need thinned out to proper consistancy and filtered really good. i have seen some very nice paintings done this way.

I was instructed to use standard coffee filters for the Createx standard colors. So far this has improved my flow with less clogging on my Universal 360. (with Badger fine tip/needle assembly) My SOTAR 2020 has not had issues in clogging with any colors I use.

What do I know, but that sounds like a finicky process to paint, filtering these paints, etc. Is airbrushing still a very finicky process? that requires tons of patience?

What do I know, but that sounds like a finicky process to paint, filtering these paints, etc. Is airbrushing still a very finicky process? that requires tons of patience?

The short answer to that is Yes! But it's the same as everything else, the prep and getting everything right saves time in the long run, and soon becomes second nature. And the effort is definately worth it.

Back