Liquid mask, 2 questions...

T

Tull

Hi there.

I've picked up some Vallejo liquid mask, thought I'd give it a go. I also picked up (by recommendation) a cheap spray gun and I'll run it from my large compressor.

I've googled and tubed and I can't find any information on thinning or cleaning. Does this stuff need to be thinned? If so what with? And what do I need to clean out the spray gun and bottle after?

Many thanks.

Hi there.

I've picked up some Vallejo liquid mask, thought I'd give it a go. I also picked up (by recommendation) a cheap spray gun and I'll run it from my large compressor.

I've googled and tubed and I can't find any information on thinning or cleaning. Does this stuff need to be thinned? If so what with? And what do I need to clean out the spray gun and bottle after?

Many thanks.
o_O

You don't need to thin liquid mask, it is just a mask, the idea is that you just paint it onto the areas you don't want to paint, or draw it on if you have the pen type dispenser, then peel it off when you're done, it's not something you want to put through a spray gun, it is effectively a low tack glue/gum, if you have areas you want to keep clean that are too large and time consuming to use liquid mask, use masking film like Frisket or similar or use cardstock shields.

Dont know about vallejo but
3m, dw davies , and some others make sprayable liquid mask. Also parma mask I know you you can thin with water and spray.
Cheap gun, no biggie. RC guys do it a lot , all clean up w water too

Last edited:
Guess Id try a test spot, you probably wont need to thin it. But you could try with a little water, if its anything like all those others it'll be water.

Back