Little help iwata eclipse vs paashe talon vs h&s infinity

L

lgrabek

Hi Guys
i want to buy new airbrush, right now im using iwata eclipse + neo(nozzle brake downe have to buy new one) and want to get something else, i think. What is your opinion abot those 2 others: paashe and h&s cause i never tried them b4 and don't want to stay only with one brand. Want to try something else than iwata if it's worth it ofcourse

Igrabek - I cant give you any usefull info - other than to say that I am going to get the Infinity when I have enough money - My reasoning is that the importers are less than 45min drive (on a bad day) from me and I can get parts readily. That should be a consideration - how well what you want is supported in your country/area of existence.

Igrabek - I cant give you any usefull info - other than to say that I am going to get the Infinity when I have enough money - My reasoning is that the importers are less than 45min drive (on a bad day) from me and I can get parts readily. That should be a consideration - how well what you want is supported in your country/area of existence.

It is little bit silly reason hehe but in your case infinity is very good airbrush but if I have chinese importer living next door I would never buy it from him hehe. Infinity is also the most expensive choice from those 3.

all i can say is if you get an infinity get extra nedles and a loop with a pair of flat wide tipped tweezers because your going to need them and unles you already have it get a krome instead . as for the infinity its a real nice gun yoiu can get the plain infinity and get the tripple needle bearing and screw separate. i am bad with my equipment and was ordering replacement needles left and right.and it came to an abrupt stop when i got the micron.good luck (lots of cool accessories with the infinity)

Just from my little expirience with the Talon, I'd say it's simply not in the same league as the HP-CS or Infinity.

The Infinity is a nice brush. The needle and nozzle materials are a bit soft (which is why they are cheaper than Iwata parts), and require replacing pretty regularily. Also, the finish on H&S brushes are nickel plating, not chrome, so they are more prone to wear and more vulnerable to ammonia-based cleaners. The finish is purely cosmetic, though, and doesn't effect the performance of the airbrush.

With the .15 nozzle/needle in, the Infinity is a pretty impressive detail brush. I would say it's about as close to a micron as I've come across. But, it does seem to be a bit pickier about paint viscosity and more prone to clogs. So, the extra fine-line performance comes with some inconvinience. Fortunately, it's a very user-friendly designed brush that you can break down and clean well fairly easily.

IMO, if H&S put some extra money into using better materials for the needles and nozzles, and put in just a bit more for the finishing touches, it would be easily one of the "elite" airbrushes. Since they compromised to fit it to a price point, though, it comes up short of the best. Still very good, though.

The HP-CS is a true "jack of all trades" brush. Excellent control, good spray quality, and very suprising detail ability (especially from a .35 tip). Not to mention that they're built like tanks, very durable, and very reliable. It can handle paints of nearly any viscosity, and even small flakes and pearls. And it is precise enough to handle some very fine detail work (if you watch Craig Fraisers videos, he's usually using an HP-CS for everything but the very, very tiniest details). Where the HP-CS really shines is in those mid-range areas (fades, daggers, etc). The trigger action is just very linear and smooth.

As for which I'd recommend to buy, it depends on your intention. If you want a detail brush, the Infinity with a .15 or .2 tip will get you finer detail easier than an Eclipse. If it's going to be your only, or main, airbrush, I'd go with the HP-CS. As a do-it-all airbrush, it's very hard to beat. It puts most of the "2-in-1"s or "3-in-1"s to shame, and does it with a single nozzle and needle. But, I doubt you'd regret buying either one.

For what it's worth, I use my HP-CS quite a bit more than I use my Infinity...

i have both talon and infinity.both are amazing airbrushes,the difference is that the talon is more a work horse than the infinity.though in good days i can be very detailed with the talon, even more than the infinity, but is not as relaible as the infinity in that department,on the other side infinty can´t be a working horse is a little too specialize,for big areas you´ll find that it has a small range .also i have only tried infinity for illustration, as far as i know its best game is in that area,not very good with heavy paints.while the talon can handle almost anything.spare parts well no matter what you´ll have in time spares because of accidents or mishandles, but talon´s are cheaper.

hope this helps,no matter what you choose,you are choosing wisely!!!:angel:anything else pm or here i´ll be watching!!!

all i can say is if you get an infinity get extra nedles and a loop with a pair of flat wide tipped tweezers because your going to need them and unles you already have it get a krome instead . as for the infinity its a real nice gun yoiu can get the plain infinity and get the tripple needle bearing and screw separate. i am bad with my equipment and was ordering replacement needles left and right.and it came to an abrupt stop when i got the micron.good luck (lots of cool accessories with the infinity)

I've used the same .15 set up for a year so far without any replacement, straightened the needle once...

It is little bit silly reason hehe but in your case infinity is very good airbrush but if I have chinese importer living next door I would never buy it from him hehe. Infinity is also the most expensive choice from those 3.
Igra - I am talking about what YOU want :) In my case I bought the Sotar - it dropped on its arse (after less than a month of use) and punched a hole in the paint nozzle - now I have to wait for a reply from ken or Amazon to deliver for parts that are more expensive then the infinity, nevermind the convenience of that 45min travel :)

Thank you very much guys, you were very helpfull. I will let you know what i got. Thanks again

Back