Looking for advice on a Paintbooth

If you are painting urethane then you’ll need to set up out in the shed with responsible ventilation and a respirator.
For water based it’s a bit easier. If you aren’t painting high psi or large items then even better.

the hobby spray booths you often see advertised are designed for painting models/ miniatures and work well for that purpose.
If you are doing artwork style paintings at low psi (less than 15-20 psi) then a booth is not necessary if you set up some box fans with a filter on the back and have them close to your easel at the height of your artwork and turn them so they’re blowing away from you and pulling air from i front of your artwork. The filter is a fine fabric that we call ‘interfacing’ here in Australia. It’s used for light stiffening of cuffs and collars on garments.
Herb refers to it as ‘Remay’ - a fabric filtration for agriculture - I’m sure Herb will correct me if I’ve got it wrong

I agree with Jackie. If you’re working with water-based paint, a box fan with a 20 by 20 furnace filter and some landscaping fabric does the job. Built a "temporary" hood out of foam core poster board and duct tape to keep things together. When my wreck of a hobby room is back together so I can paint again, I'll snap off a few pictures of my set up.

I designed my booth with a 300mmx400mmx 3.8Meters long duct. Fitted 2 10" Arlec toilet fans, so the duct has a negative pressure. A "J" shaped wadding full width filter. The top of the booth was made of polycarbonate to allow the modified 42" sony led Tv to illuminate the inside with a virtually shadow free white lightScreenshot_20220130-230616_Video Player.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-230623_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220130-230623_Video Player.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220130-230657_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220130-230657_Video Player.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 27
Back