Looking for advice

M

mitchelld

So im new here, and looking advice on a decent starter kit.

i run a part time body shop so ive plenty access to laquer etc but i was wondering all the little drops of solvent based basecoat i have laying around can i use them through an airbrush ???

Hi David - I have no idea what is available in scotland, but there are a few good UK online shops

I wouldn't recommend any of the cheapie Chinese ones if you are using the solvent based. do you have a budget?

I am an H&S fan, I have a couple of the awesome infinitys, others are badger or Iwata fans. you cant go wrong with a neo or silverline (Iwata and H&S resp.) the compressor will depend largely on budget, noise, space and availability. It is better to have a compressor with a tank. I am sure more will pop in and have their say too :)

Personally I would not recommend any of those kits. I'm not a fan at all of "airbrush" compressors. All of those have the same motors and just a added tank or metal case. If you have a body shop then you must have a shop compressor. Those are fine just make sure you have a regulator close to where you want to airbrush. There is not much to choose between the H&S airbrushes. All of them use the same needles and nozzles, even their entry level Ultras.

So im new here, and looking advice on a decent starter kit.

i run a part time body shop so ive plenty access to laquer etc but i was wondering all the little drops of solvent based basecoat i have laying around can i use them through an airbrush ???

What airbrush do you have? Does it have solvent resistant parts?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

i dont have one yet?

i have a 250 litre compressor in shop but wanted a small portable to use at home in workshop.

Well unless you are willing to spend $500-$800 for a "silent" compressor and if noise is not an issue any standard 2-5 gal. compressor from a building supply store for around $100 -$150 will be more than adequate, filtration and good pressure is the key to less hassles.

Back