Looking for storage ideas...

Ryck

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hey guys and gals,

Now that I have a serious case of "AAD" that I caught from you enablers, I am looking for a portable case to store ALL of my airbrushing supplies in including the paint. The compressor... well it is a different story. :D

So, I figured that you all can suggest types and brands and maybe suppliers (Amazon maybe) to me.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

I started out with one of these it worked well. Plenty of room in the top for your growing airbrush collection and Paint, erasers/blades etc.
the bottom I used for larger bottles of commonly used paint, If you are using a small airbrush type compressor (small harbor freight/masters tanked one) you could put it in the bottom if you are planning on travelling

upload_2020-12-1_6-32-4.png
https://www.amazon.com/Yaheetech-36...rds=beauty+case+trolley&qid=1606766322&sr=8-2

I've since upgraded to a mechanics trolley (I'll get pics later and post up. )

I started out with one of these it worked well. Plenty of room in the top for your growing airbrush collection and Paint, erasers/blades etc. the bottom I used for larger bottles of commonly used paint, If you are using a small airbrush type compressor (small harbor freight/masters tanked one) you could put it in the bottom if you are planning on travelling

Thanks for that suggestion but that one is a bit larger than I had in mind. I don't really plan on getting a lot more stuff at this point but maybe more paint in the future. I actually was considering one of those large double sided tackle boxes but I would like to have more room than that. As for travelling with my AB stuff, I can't say that I will be doing that. But I did not plan on having all of the stuff I have collected in the last three weeks either. :laugh:

Thanks for that suggestion but that one is a bit larger than I had in mind. I don't really plan on getting a lot more stuff at this point but maybe more paint in the future. I actually was considering one of those large double sided tackle boxes but I would like to have more room than that. As for travelling with my AB stuff, I can't say that I will be doing that. But I did not plan on having all of the stuff I have collected in the last three weeks either. :laugh:
You've got AAD, don't fight it. 'resistance is useless' :eek:

They do smaller versions of that trolley
https://www.amazon.com/Makeup-Case-...7&sr=1-4-8065ff8c-2587-4a7f-b8da-1df8b2563c11
upload_2020-12-1_8-48-46.png

Thanks but that is still bigger than I need and costs a bit more than I want to spend as well. Next? :)

So it needs to be portable so you can pack away when you're done for the day ?

So it needs to be portable so you can pack away when you're done for the day ?

Yes, that pretty much sums it up. I do not have a dedicated workspace or studio at this time so I am having to work at the dining room table. I may be able to set my stuff up in my man cave/workshop eventually but it is a small space so I would like to have the portability when needed.

Now you're talking. I didn't think of something like that. I have one just like it for my technician tools. I will check this idea out for sure. Thanks for the suggestion and link.

Now you're talking. I didn't think of something like that. I have one just like it for my technician tools. I will check this idea out for sure. Thanks for the suggestion and link.
I use to use one for my I.T. stuff, so much easier having everything in there like recovery CD's, spare cables etc etc so I could just grab it and go

I have 2 boxes that I use for storage, one is a 3 drawer tackle box the other is an inexpensive tool box from a local shop.

Tackle box.

20201130_224419.jpg

Cheap tool box

20201130_230309.jpg 20201130_230403.jpg 20201130_230411.jpg
Plenty of room for everything especially when your starting out.

Lee

AGGGGHHHHH
store your tape horizontal.... slightest bit of heat and its going to bend and twist into all sorts of weird shapes, especially the fine line tape.

and isn't it amazing how many 'sundries' you end up with ! 30 different erasers / blades / bits and pieces for texture/ fittings/ spare parts . . .

Greywoulf youre gonna need a bigger box !!

A large tackle box was the first thing that popped into my head. Also, if you want something a lot sturdier, go to the local hardware store and find the toolbox area. Milwaukee and Dewalt make a lot of nice divided tool storage boxes in various sizes.

Back