Looking for storage ideas...

I guess it depends on how mobile it needs to be. Are you just moving it off to the side, or transporting it to another area of the house? Any stairs involved?
Yes, stairs are involved which is why I need something that I can easily carry. I have looked at a lot of toolboxes and tackle boxes in the last hour. I have considered a box brand called "Art Bin" which has a lot of options. I just have not decided on anything in particular yet.

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys!

That set up is similar to the Pack Out stuff Milwaukee makes at a quarter of the price. If it will make it up and down the stairs on a daily basis, why not?

Don't worry about what we think. You're the one that has to haul it around. :D

Fortunately, I won't have to pack it around much, but since it does have a top handle and wheels and if I don't load it down with bricks, I should not have any problems carrying it around the house. I just like the amount of storage and the adjustable divider storage bins it has.

Sounds like a decision has been made. Well, until the next one comes up. :D

Seriously, it looks like a good option. Airbrush supplies don't weigh all that much unless you buy $3k worth of paint. If you can find a local store that stocks it, maybe take a test drive. If it's only available online, then I guess you take your chances. Even if it doesn't turn out to be a perfect fit, you're not out much, all things considered.

Sounds like a decision has been made. Well, until the next one comes up. :D

Seriously, it looks like a good option. Airbrush supplies don't weigh all that much unless you buy $3k worth of paint. If you can find a local store that stocks it, maybe take a test drive. If it's only available online, then I guess you take your chances. Even if it doesn't turn out to be a perfect fit, you're not out much, all things considered.

Thanks for the up vote on this box. I actually just found it for about $5 less on the Target website with free shipping. If I get it and I don't like it, the closest Target store is about an hour's drive from me. I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet but it is in my sights.

Don't ask me. The storage room I built in the house is now my studio. Now I need a storage room for my storage room. lol

We plan to sell this house and move when the Covid thing is over. We have been kidding around about buying a used commercial building to live in so we will have room for all of our junk. Where I used to live, I had a 17x26 foot workshop. I miss that place.

Proper workshop space is great if you have the space. Back when I was doing a lot of woodworking, my 24' x 30' garage would go weeks without having a car in it because I had table saws and drill presses and sanders everywhere. I miss those days.

Good luck with the move when it happens. Commercial space is not the worst idea.

Back