Making more High Flow Acrylics

A

Arent Jack

D5F3C830-9695-4167-8C71-46EADBD39D99.jpeg 1DC79FBA-E269-43A6-9C00-F3FE87F533FA.jpeg 87CBA6E9-F5BD-4D85-96CA-1F9FC8C75E59.jpeg Hi everybody been making more High Flow Acrylics. Please use gloves and respirator when trying and atomising this and work in a well ventilated space! What I did is first make 250ml thinner with 120ml Windex/Windolene (without ammonia), 120ml distilled water, 10ml Isopropyl alcohol 92% and 20 drops of vegetable Glycerin. (You can also use this mixture as airbrush cleaner). Then I mixed 120ml Sennelier acrylics and also Crafter’s Acrylics with 130ml of the thinner just made. I poured it in dropper bottles. Underneath the dropper I used a bit of pantyhose to serve as a filter. I use it on canvas only and my first impression is great. Haven’t been using it on long stretches of painting yet so keep you posted. It only cost me about 2.50 pound for 120ml mixed paint instead of over 20 pound for Golden High Flow Acrylics which I usually use.

Thanx for sharing! Keep us informed if you'll make any changes to the formula.
How do you find your paint concerning the tip dry, material nozzle internal paint build up?

You're not actually making "Golden high flow acrylics" you don't have the right to use a brand name as you are now, essentially you are counterfeiting which is illegal, you trying to save money by creating an under the sink concoction that may or may not behave similar to high flow, even if your mix works as you wish you can't provide or uphold the guarantees offered by the real thing, nor are you in a position to know how well your mix will hold up over time.

I don't know if you are aware of it but Golden make "airbrush medium" whuch is a medium designed to make tube acrylics work and flow like airbrush specific paints, I think that would be a safer way for you to do what you're trying to do without the wierd chemicals and without abusing a brand name.

I would recommend you drop the Golden brand name in your endeavours, you might just save yourself the grief of possible and very likely legal proceedings.

From a personal point of view, if I think my paint is to expensive I switch to another brand, if I don't like how bmmy brush works I clearly bought the wrong brush, if I'm not happy with my substrate, again, I change it, at the end if the day I want to be an artist and create art, I don't want to waste my time doing a job that was already done for me.

Back