Making stencils

• Thread starter Squeezy Jefferson
  • Start date
S

Squeezy Jefferson

Hi all! I want to make a stencil of a design that I want to put on tee shirts. I'm new BTW. What is the best, most durable type of material to use for a stencil, so that I can use it over and over? I'm not there yet, (I'm still shopping compressors), but will be there pretty soon. Is it plastic of some sort, and where do I get it? I have a lot of Exacto Knives. Thanks in advance, I appreciate your time.

I use the backing of vinyl heat press, draw the pic, cut it out and spray with adhesive glue aerosol before I place it on the medium... works for me

Mylar sheets, there are several suppliers around New York who sell this, might want to look into a stencil burner too.

I use a3 createx mylar sheets. H&S also has them. I buy them bulk, 100 pieces at once so I get good price. Then I use cutter with non-original knifes which I bought for this. Original knifes were crap. I would go bananas cutting stencils by hand... I did try it on vinyl, but that was just not my cup of tea. I would probably need one month to cut one stencil...

Same as huskystafford here. I use Mylar and use a 60 deg blade in my Graphtec...cuts like butter. That reminds me, got another to cut. Lol

Same as huskystafford here. I use Mylar and use a 60 deg blade in my Graphtec...cuts like butter. That reminds me, got another to cut. Lol
I use 45 but I have bunch of 60 at home also. Did you try the difference between those 2?

Made a few of these bad boys today
a1e71dd438a45905b72d19559332d1f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you do that in illustrator? I’d like to have that file good man. You must of took forever weeding that. Lol
This is on mylar :p No weeding. I would go bananas weeding that lol

edit:yep that was illustrator. But first i took jpg and use it in photoshop. One sec ,need to check on disk if I still have that picture...

nah I deleted jpg. I have illustrator or dxf file if you need it.

Last edited:
This is on mylar :p No weeding. I would go bananas weeding that lol

edit:yep that was illustrator. But first i took jpg and use it in photoshop. One sec ,need to check on disk if I still have that picture...
Yea, I need to figure how to turn a image like that into a raster..no way illustrator trace could handle that

Yea, I need to figure how to turn a image like that into a raster..no way illustrator trace could handle that
I used jpg and I used levels so I got nice contrast on picture. Then I vectorized and send to cutter.

If anybody else beside Joe T needs this file you can pm me. I made sharable link to my drive to ai and dxf file.

What a guy! Awesome

What ever happened to the file share area on here...it’s like empty

Mylar sheets, there are several suppliers around New York who sell this, might want to look into a stencil burner too.
Check into these if you aren't ready to invest in a plotter cutter , they are like woodburners that hold exacto blades or sometimes that's exactly what they are.

Back