Many brands and types of paint -choosing

Pascal-A

Gravity Guru
Hello,
I started with airbrush a while ago and my black is empty and also other caolrs almost empty.
There are many brands available and I am not sure what to choose.
What's important to me:
- opaque
- has to work with the Iwata eclipse HP - CS
- enough paint in the bottle to use for a while
I try to paint drawings with skin so I suppose pink and orange colors are important too?
What paint can you advice?

Hi Pascal you should try the concerts try starting with the primary in opaque they will run real smooth in your eclipse just a suggestion good luck

In the online store where I ordered I only found 25 ml bottles (con art) but I chose 2 botles of black.
Thank you for all the feedback :)

There is really no way for anyone to guess what paint you will wind up getting along best with. As you said, there are many brands available. I might like Com-art, or E'tac, the next person may prefer Createx Illustration colors, the next Holbein acrylic inks. My advice is buy 1 of 2 colors of anything you might think you want to try, and give them a go for yourself. The actual experience of trying different paints will help you grow your skill level exponentially with the brush, and understanding how it wants to work. You will find what works best for you.

Have a look and see what is easily available locally. I ended up with Createx because I have a local supplier. I haven’t yet seen any airbrush paint that seems ‘cheap’ for the size of the bottle but it also takes awhile to empty them unless you are working on large panels / murals

What the others said... for me Golden High Flow (what was readily available) has proven a fantasic line.

Hello,
I started with airbrush a while ago and my black is empty and also other caolrs almost empty.
There are many brands available and I am not sure what to choose.
What's important to me:
- opaque
- has to work with the Iwata eclipse HP - CS
- enough paint in the bottle to use for a while
I try to paint drawings with skin so I suppose pink and orange colors are important too?
What paint can you advice?

Hi Pascal. I saw this while browsing the Dixieart page. Seems there are larger quantities of Com art available through them. I've ordered through their site 3 or 4 times and have had good results each time. Dixieart drop ships direct from the manufacturer but the service is excellent. Not next day delivery like amazon prime but within a week or 2. Below is the link to the comart colors available in opaque. I see you've ordered already but maybe for next time.

https://www.dixieart.com/ComArt_Airbrush_Colors.html#opaque

Back