Marble effect!

R

Respray

Hey guys im going to tell you about making the marble effect that you can see in many different styles of custom paint.

There is paints like House of Kolor that creates the effect for you just shooting the paint from a gun but what if you dont have that paint?

Then you can do it like this:

1. start by sprying you object black

2. mix for example a silver metalic paint with a SLOW dry reducer and spray it almost to heavy onto the black.

3. BEFORE the silver has dried, apply some plastic hosehold wrap on the surface and press it down, wrinkles is the key for the effect so dont try to make the wrap smooth and nice, just "smash" it down. then remove the wrap and your done!

you can make many different styles using different colors but this is one way of doing it and it looks killer with some candy ontop of the silver metalic!

Hey guys im going to tell you about making the marble effect that you can see in many different styles of custom paint.

There is paints like House of Kolor that creates the effect for you just shooting the paint from a gun but what if you dont have that paint?

Then you can do it like this:

1. start by sprying you object black

2. mix for example a silver metalic paint with a SLOW dry reducer and spray it almost to heavy onto the black.

3. BEFORE the silver has dried, apply some plastic hosehold wrap on the surface and press it down, wrinkles is the key for the effect so dont try to make the wrap smooth and nice, just "smash" it down. then remove the wrap and your done!

you can make many different styles using different colors but this is one way of doing it and it looks killer with some candy ontop of the silver metalic!

My day job is old school painter and decorator, and have been using marble and wood grain effects for over 35 years, although there isn't much call for it now except for custom painting, your method is indeed very practical and I can vouch that it definitely works, however in the trade we refer to this as a "long road for a short cut", the same effect can be achieved by simply dipping a rag of basically any kind of material you wish into a thinner lighter or darker colour than your original base colour, but you can also use any other colour you wish for example silver as in your process.

The general idea is to try to create these effects in the quickest way possible, since if you did this for a customer the point is to make money instead of costing yourself time therefore also money.

I have only been airbrushing for about six months and have actually discovered that all of the effects I did when I was younger are even easier and quicker by using only my airbrush, they are also less messy, I have very quickly created some amazing effects just by using the basic dagger strokes and figure 8 techniques, finishing off by applying the veins where necessary again just using my airbrush freehand.

As a simple test, if you still have your marble sample, try to recreate the same sample just using your airbrush, you will be surprised with the result, marble does not need to be perfect, in real life perfect marble does not exist, marble slabs are usually hand picked to get each slab as close to another as possible but there will always be inconsistencies, that is true also of wood.

i did this with auto air a years back to do a how to on a different forum it is a quick method with the seran wrap. Goes back to there are many ways to skin a cat.030.jpg

this is a grate effect i love doing it!!, i like to use black base, then a dark blue real wet and heavy, the put some metallic silver, and i use a walmart bag for the winkel's, no wrong way to do it!=D unless you dont do the winkel effect D=..

Back