For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Marissa's eye.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress & Finished Artworks!' started by C0y0te, Oct 31, 2018.

1. jagardn

jagardn Airbrush Acquisition Disorder Patient Elite Member!

Germans like reproductive organ I guess.
    jord001 and huskystafford like this.
  2. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Very Likeable!

jord001 likes this.
  3. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

It actually means thick. Only the board says that. The 250gsm paper does not.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    jord001 likes this.
  4. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Yeah I also bought up everything I could over here. At my current painting rate, I will be dead before the paper is finish.

DIK
    100cm x 70cm = 23
    70cm x 50cm = 12

250gsm
    70cm x 50cm = 16
    50cm x 35cm = 20
    basepaint, jord001 and huskystafford like this.
  5. jagardn

jagardn Airbrush Acquisition Disorder Patient Elite Member!

I do the same thing with every hobby.

Airbrushing: A decade supply of paints and substrate. Way more airbrushes than one would ever need.

Guns: dozens of guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Wet Shaving: probably a dozen different razors, hundreds of blades, and enough shaving soaps to last me the next 10-15 years.

I’m like a hoarder, for expensive things.
    John O'Brien, basepaint and jord001 like this.
  6. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

What size are you supposed to use @CALz AyrWKz on the painting?
    You won't regret doing a course Cheryl. If the online course is anywhere near as good as the class you will gain a lot.
    Good luck

Lee
  7. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

@CAlzAyrWkz You might want to try some terraslate paper as it works great and is tuff as hell, and they will send free sampler pack to you
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    jord001 and CALz AyrWKz like this.
  8. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Hey, I already contacted them a while back and received their sample pack. I haven't tried it yet. I don't think its the same as the 4G but more similar to Yupo but with a slight texture to it, like the feel of fine sandpaper. I haven't tested it out yet. With regards to the course, I wanted to use the same materials as Marissa. But, she advises that other illustration boards can be used. I've tried bristol board and didn't like it. I will be doing my PP on Crescent 212, I think its 212 or 215. Anyway, someone mentioned that he gives the board a spray with mat sealer first. So that is what I am trying. I'll be doing the Marissa eye on Schoellershammer 4G paper. Now, I just have to get some time. Friends and co-workers are absorbing my evenings.

My heart goes out to those who lost their lives in the CA shooting last night and to all those who are touched by this horrific act.
    PogArt, jord001 and doc1 like this.
  9. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I posted about spraying with sealer a while back,someone else said they also did it
  10. beginner-James

beginner-James Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

My visit to the states I ordered Terraslate and Dru Blair paper BUT I lost the Dru Blair paper at the airport Yep I left it in the f##ing car park in it's cardboard tube I'm gutted but I have also bought Dru's eye kit so I do have some A5 paper so I will be able to see if I like it before I spend anymore money on his paper I am currently working my way through Marissa video on her eye. I'm finding it really good and it's the best money I've spent to date.

I have read on the closed Facebook pages that any synthetic Paper will work. I wish I had read this before I started the eye as the G4 is good to erase on it will still absorb the ink/paint is faint and slow is the way with the G4.

IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT THIS COURSE

STOP THINKING AND JUST DO IT

you will thank me later it's amazing.

I think I may travel next year a enroll in a course with her

James
    PogArt and JackEb like this.
  11. ayr-worx

ayr-worx Needle-chuck Ninja

I thought the same as Franc, that it was a hyper-realistic pencil drawing. Thanks for the feedback about the online course. Both Marissa and Carlo are excellent teachers, so I am sure the online course represents their professional approach to instruction. I will have to check out the course. Excellent work!
    C0y0te likes this.
  12. beginner-James

they are currently working on a NEW online course. Should be out in February next year
    James
  13. redcore

redcore Gravity Guru

Yuppo paper is very similar to dru’s paper. Yuppo worked incredibly well for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    beginner-James likes this.
  14. redcore

redcore Gravity Guru

So if anyone can tell me what is the difference between dru’s and marissa’s approach on this particular subject. A monochromatic eye. Except the picture ofc.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. PogArt

PogArt Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I'm sorry for your loss,but I know you'll do your practice as good on other paper options too ;)
  16. beginner-James

I really Think the Marissa course goes into more detail and technique than the Blair eye I have both and I'm more drawn to the Marissa eye how ever the price is a big difference but on a plus side you get three different projects and lean many things. From mainly stencil and shield work on the first project, second project is stencil and free hand where the third is mostly free hand work and erasing with many erasers

Dru's eye course is a video of three all the same subject and material. blair paper 5x7 with cut stencil .

One video covers black and white the next video is two tone and the last video is colour you can buy his course with ink or with out ink you do get the colour recipe.

I hope this answers your questions about the two different courses Marissa has a new colour course coming out in April which I'm saving up for I will not hesitate in buying this course as I'm learning so much on the current course

James
    PogArt likes this.
  17. PogArt

PogArt Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

It's good to know the keen comparison James,thanks to your point of view it's easier to decide which course to go for.
  18. beginner-James

On a big plus side all the materials are available in one place, Dedicated Facebook page feed back from Marissa and Carlo also Artist's that work at foxy studio and on top of all that extra project at the end but I think there is now video's for this project just feed back to see how much you have learnt (a final exam if you like ) also every now and again Marissa will do a live painting on the facebook channel

I watch the middle project the other day just to see what I needed to buy extra to paint the portrait project and I think there was 16 video segments to this project alone, ok some where only 5 to 10 min's long but I can't fault the quality of the video continence also the quality of the video's them self, Pin sharp and not too much fast forward's in the video's them self. I could go on describing what you learn within the course but maybe some one else that has done all 4 projects would be better equipped to comment on this. I'm only on the first project and in no rush to finish it to get to the next painting I'm enjoying myself and soaking up all the information within the video's

this is only my opinion as a hobbyist in his first 6 months of air brushing
    C0y0te and PogArt like this.
  19. CHÉRIE

CHÉRIE Mac-Valve Maestro!

Amazing work!!:p
    C0y0te likes this.
  20. C0y0te

C0y0te Triple Actioner

Thanks Cherie.
    CHÉRIE likes this.