Masking paper

Overhead projector acetate is good For stencils. Nice and thin and you can cut it easy and use it many times over. Got to try and play with splitting laminating pouches and slight heat as well.
Lots of little things to try.
I paid nearly a tenner for a small flexible sanding block soft on one side and firmer on the other for curved surfaces.
In the end I decided to cut up my other half’s flip flops. . Job done. Cost. £1 from the cheap shop.

Hopefully, the 1 pound went to replace your other half's flip-flops, @Malky. Otherwise, you'll likely get smacked with a heavier piece of footwear.
Wouldn't want to be in your shoes if she's into rugby, football, or golf. Them cleats will surely leave a mark (or ten).

Hopefully, the 1 pound went to replace your other half's flip-flops, @Malky. Otherwise, you'll likely get smacked with a heavier piece of footwear.
Wouldn't want to be in your shoes if she's into rugby, football, or golf. Them cleats will surely leave a mark (or ten).

Wakey wakey H, the flip flop comment was from Tuffnutz, and my other half happens to be my right hand these days so she don't wear flip flops lollollol

Wakey wakey H, the flip flop comment was from Tuffnutz, and my other half happens to be my right hand these days so she don't wear flip flops lollollol
My apologies @Malky. Ever have an entire weekend of not sleeping, as in Friday night through Monday morning? Makes for a miserable mistake-ridden Monday.

My apologies @Malky. Ever have an entire weekend of not sleeping, as in Friday night through Monday morning? Makes for a miserable mistake-ridden Monday.

I've had a few weekends like that but they back in the days when it was actually fun and I wasn't forced to be so much in love with my right hand :thumbsup: but I've had a great Monday too, I had to travel a long distance to a hospital for vascular tests, the trip involved two buses there and two buses back to home, out of a total of four buses, two broke down causing a 20 minute delay for one and a 30 minute delay for the other, one just didn't turn up at all due to being cancelled, the fourth bus did turn up, didn't break down and was bang on time but had no shock absorbers :confused::eek: every time some grumpy old bastard asked what the problem was with these base busses I exclaimed "Its cos I'm on them" the appointment only took 10 minutes but I left my house at 7:00 am this morning and got home at 14:45 pm this afternoon, but I'm not complaining, got to look on the bright side, my couch is far more comfortable after such a day:thumbsup::) if I didn't already know it was Monday before I left home I certainly knew by the time I got homelol

I've had a few weekends like that but they back in the days when it was actually fun and I wasn't forced to be so much in love with my right hand :thumbsup: but I've had a great Monday too, I had to travel a long distance to a hospital for vascular tests, the trip involved two buses there and two buses back to home, out of a total of four buses, two broke down causing a 20 minute delay for one and a 30 minute delay for the other, one just didn't turn up at all due to being cancelled, the fourth bus did turn up, didn't break down and was bang on time but had no shock absorbers :confused::eek: every time some grumpy old bastard asked what the problem was with these base busses I exclaimed "Its cos I'm on them" the appointment only took 10 minutes but I left my house at 7:00 am this morning and got home at 14:45 pm this afternoon, but I'm not complaining, got to look on the bright side, my couch is far more comfortable after such a day:thumbsup::) if I didn't already know it was Monday before I left home I certainly knew by the time I got homelol
:eek: jeez, @Malky. If I didn't know better, I would suspect fertilizer fingers. ( The PP tiger is proof you don't have it.) Must be a Cr@p Cloud following you around. Hint - you really don't want to look up. Hopefully, I won't nap on the way home, since I drive. Expecting my new bumper sticker any day now. Says "I want to die in my sleep like Grand Pa. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

Ok hellbird I'll bit
Why was you up all weekend

Beginner-James
Damn good question :thumbsup:
I don't sleep well since my wife passed three years ago. Lucky to get 2-3 hours at a stretch usually. Up all night just happens from time to time, James. I lay down and try to sleep, but never actually sleep. The mind just refuses to shut off for maintenance. Don't do drugs aside from coffee and an occasional bourbon or two. Herbal teas and over the counter sleep aids work once about every month and it's frustrating I have no clue when this happens.
Have to admit this was the longest sleepless period I've ever had. Damn good question with no damn answer yet. Going in for a sleep study soon, I hope.

I'm so sorry to her about you situation if you ever need so support or a friendly voice call me I will pm you my number. I really don't know what else to say as I'm in shock at the moment. I don't what or how I would cope without my wife. But thankfully she is on the good side of recovery after a brain tumour was removed last year. I was a mess but I supported her the best I could. Hopefully she gets her driving licence back soon.

Beginner-James

I'm so sorry to her about you situation if you ever need so support or a friendly voice call me I will pm you my number. I really don't know what else to say as I'm in shock at the moment. I don't what or how I would cope without my wife. But thankfully she is on the good side of recovery after a brain tumour was removed last year. I was a mess but I supported her the best I could. Hopefully she gets her driving licence back soon.

Beginner-James
We had 34 years together, James. Met her literally the day after I graduated college and married some three months later. While a lot of our friends married around the same time, few stayed that way for more than several years. It does leave a hole in your soul. All we can do is our best to carry on, whether we're a mess or not. Glad your wife is on the mend. That's good news! Didn't mean to upset/disturb you. As you may have noticed, I'm bit punchy today. Just grateful I don't live further from work than I do. I'll manage.

@Squishy , don't forget if you cut any shape outt of an equilateral triangle then reattach it at the edge you will have shapes that always fit together like puzzle pieces. I'll try and find an example.

@Squishy , don't forget if you cut any shape outt of an equilateral triangle then reattach it at the edge you will have shapes that always fit together like puzzle pieces. I'll try and find an example.

That's called "half of a Tangram" which is a "Square" which is what you end up with if you cut an equilateral triangle in half and place its two longest sides togetherlol

Tangrams are how us old farts used to amuse ourselves in the days before PlayStations, kids these days just don't know what they're missing:confused:

I was brought up and went to school in one of the toughest areas of Glasgow, we had Tangrams in school that were made of heavy hard wood and were painted with really bright colours, for some reason we found it far more entertaining to launch the pieces towards the back of the teachers head, although the teachers frowned upon it, she often suggested it might not be helping our education, but we learned a lot, like the triangular pieces tended to draw more blood for example, even learned some colour theory such as blood doesn't show so well on the red pieces and appears purple on the blue pieces:thumbsup:

I can't think why but I can't remember ever being awarded a gold star while I was at schoolo_O

Ah, I was thinking of creating tessellations , like Escher.
But I guess you can do it with a square too. Idk never tried from a square, I think there's more rules to make it work from a square.

2801582.GIF

This one make it seem more complex bc they use the points of a triangle as a guide and add parts that wouldn't actually be in a triangle, but you can do it from just a triangle and cut a crazy shapes into any side and reattach them on another side until you have a horse or dragon or whatever and it will fit together and tesselate, I guess it's called.
So if you cut triangles out of your masks you can cut the triangles some more and tape them together and eventually make a paper quilt with a complex looking tiny pattern lol

Last edited:
Back