Master or Badger???

larz313

Gravity Guru
Long story short I want to expand on this art and I want to start planning purchases to accomplish my goals. For more info look at my other posts. I have master ABs now and like them. But from looking around on here I'm sold on Badger as well. So which should I choose?

I am happy with my Sotar larz, decent price on amazon. If you have a bigger budget, then listen to our other learned friends regarding Kromes and the like :)

I don't have a Master, but both of my Badgers are solid performers.

I'd go for the badger but if there's another choice id go for Iwata, Ive got hp-b+ and a sotar and theyre both great abs

Lee

I'm pretty sold on Badger. I like the warranty and prices. There are some Iwatas that have my interest but are a bit out of my price range at the moment.

A well known brand is always better. The machine quality will be better, they will paint better and be more reliable, parts will be easier to come by, and if there are any issues, the company will sort them out.

I've had my eye on a patriot and the patriot arrow. Are there any differences in them other than cup size? And are they good for detail work?

If you want a brush for detail then go for the krome. ... It also comes with the same size nozzle as the patriot aswell as the ultra fine nozzle. ... so you get a detail brush and a background brush in 1....

Started with a Master, bought a Krome, never touch the master anymore, unless, I want to blast a background

The Patriot is a good starter brush and you can also fit it out with a fineline adaptor kit which gets it closer to the realm of the krome for fine detail ability and at a third of the price, worth giving it a shot..Badger is a great brand and will serve you well..GL

Started with a Master, bought a Krome, never touch the master anymore, unless, I want to blast a background

If you want a brush for detail then go for the krome. ... It also comes with the same size nozzle as the patriot aswell as the ultra fine nozzle. ... so you get a detail brush and a background brush in 1....

Are you talking about the Renegade Krome? What's the system on needle sizes? It says on tcp global its got a .2 fine and a .3 extra fine. Isn't .2 supposed to be finer? Sorry for asking too many questions. I'm on a budget and wanna make sure I spend my money right. Thank you everyone.

Are you talking about the Renegade Krome? What's the system on needle sizes? It says on tcp global its got a .2 fine and a .3 extra fine. Isn't .2 supposed to be finer? Sorry for asking too many questions. I'm on a budget and wanna make sure I spend my money right. Thank you everyone.

The Krome comes with a .21 and a .33(numbers may not be exact, but close enough). Yes, the descriptions are backward. If you are in it for the long run, the Krome is definitely worth it. If you only want a detail gun, the Renegade Velocity has the .21 setup and is cheaper.

I have a Master G23, and 2 Badger Velocity's and if this is your only choices then definitely the Badger all the way. Anything is better than the Master, you will be replacing seals and O-rings every month...they will swell up and not work. Iwata is good also it is all a matter of choice and budget. For me the Velocity is the best brush in my budget and liked it so much I bought a 2nd and for $95 and a .21 needle/nozzle good deal. This brush can do hair line up to aprox. 1- 1/4 " spray.

keep one thing in mind the velocity is basicaly the same as the krome i have both and dont see any magor diferences i was just ordering simple suplies from chicogo ab and it turns out there having a big sale if you want you can probably get 2 velocitys for the price of 1 krome on amazon

Welp... Tax time rolled around and I got a lot of stuff. Some still being shipped. And I got the badger patriot today. Check out my post about my studio evolution and check out my toys. And as always, advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

I'd go with Badger. Anyone ever see this? I'm sure its been posted a hundred times lol. Oh well... For those that haven't seen it. Its a tour of the Badger factory.
[video=youtube;8fH7i8LazaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fH7i8LazaI[/video]

I would definitely go with Badger, and I'm not even a real big fan of their line up. But, it's far better than Master cheap chinese knockoffs. Lets put it this way
- My first airbrush was a Badger 175. I still have it, and am convinced it's bullet-proof. That thing doesn't care how gummed up it is, what kind of paint I'm using. It's the AK-47 of airbrushes. The thing just never, ever dies.

-I bought a "Master" G44 micron knock-off a while back. After some tuning and part swapping, it worked alright. Not even close to a micron, but with in the "good enough for general mid-detail" kind of realm. After about 3 months, it stopped working completely. It's now long gone. The "Master" airbrushes are more like the Yugo's of the airbrush world. There's a reason they're cheap, and it's because they're junk.

So I tried out my new 105 patriot. And to be perfectly honest, I got closer detail out of my master brush. And they both came with a .3 needle. Is master really that bad?

Back